Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Book for 13 yr old girl

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

I want to get a book gift for my 13yr old niece, she loves to read. But what do girls  that age read these days? Other than supernatural things. I'm sure they are not still reading Babysitter's Club lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pistolpink
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Hunger games
mab05
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I remember reading:
the Outsiders
The girl who owned a city
The giver

Well.. thats all I remember lol
melly_v88
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
The Dear America Diaries were my favorite books at that age. Such great books!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Hunger games books

caustinb
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
What?!?!?! No more Babysitters Club? That was my favorite!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I LOVES the giver, gathering blue, and the messenger. They are all three in the same "world" and it's a pretty good group.

Just be careful, I was an avid reader and luckily I had older sisters so I was not as innocent as some my age but I always read books before I give them to a minor now. I got a really inappropriate book for Christmas when I was 13.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Tamora peirce series called the Lioness. gREAT author and series. No sexual stuff, great story about a girl leaving home and become the first female kings own. She switches with her brothet and has to hide being a girl thru most of her training. Its so good...full of adventure too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Try James Patterson's Middle school series. My 12 year old thought it was hilarious and there are 4 in the series.
SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I LOVED the Giver!!! I was also gonna say Hunger Games, or maybe Monster High? Not sure if those are too young for 13...I just bought the first 2 for my 9 y/o but she's an advanced reader.

I'm trying to remember the name of another book I read in 7th grade English class that I really liked...it was about a girl who got stranded on an island alone and had to figure out how to survive...something about dolphins???....anyone help me out???

Quoting mab05: I remember reading:

the Outsiders

The girl who owned a city

The giver

Well.. thats all I remember lol
preacherskid
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM

There is a series of books I collected, The Royal Diaries, they are fictional diaries based on real proncesses, written from "their" point of view.  They incorporated key historical events, and in the back provide facts about the princess, the time period she lived in, all sorts of neat (I think so anyway) stuff.  Here is the Scholastic page (sorry not clicky): http://www.scholastic.ca/titles/royaldiaries/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured