Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sister-in-law problems!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this

Apparently my SIL has never liked me. She is 25 and I am 28. She is an ABM at a major bank. I am a SAHM. I take care of my child while she let's Nana watch her's (free of charge). She is one of those people that everything has been handed to her. She always gets what she wants, when she wants it. She and I got into our first fight a few nights ago because she was butting into a private conversation my husband and I were having. She made her way over to me and said that I "would listen to what she has to say".  I told her that "this is a private conversation. I don't need your advice". She exclaimed that this was HER brother and she was allowed to say whatever she wanted. She rolled her eyes at me several times. I said to her, "you need to stop rolling your eyes at me. You are being childish". She started screaming at me that I have never tried to get to know her and that I am just like my sister, a bitch. I walked away. She followed me, screaming at me that I was a whore, bitch, skank, trash, that her family saved me, etc. In all honesty (witnessed by others) I never swore at her or made derogatory comments. In the end she got a hold of me and threw me to the ground. Was I wrong for asking her to not be part of my conversation with my husband? Btw, we have been married for 5.5 years but have known one another for 11. Something else that can help you see into how we are- I am very introverted, while she is extremely extroverted. She told me a few weeks ago that I am a bitch because I am too quiet. She said everyone thinks I am stuck up prude because I choose to be on the sidelines. 

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by Erica on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM
5 moms liked this
She would have had my fist in her face the second she tried to grab me. Smdh.
Mandy_yanna13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
This exactly! I don't care who you are you do not touch me without my consent!

Quoting EAzizM: She would have had my fist in her face the second she tried to grab me. Smdh.
Jac817
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM

She did it after I walked away for the 5th time. She just kept coming at me. She kept screaming "but you all SAW her swing at me!" I've never swung my arm in my life.

Quoting EAzizM: She would have had my fist in her face the second she tried to grab me. Smdh.

OrientalLily
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Ya, that's shitty.  Avoid her at all costs! LOL

Jac817
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I'm the same way. I don't even like when people touch me when they are talking.

Quoting Mandy_yanna13: This exactly! I don't care who you are you do not touch me without my consent!

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I dont think you were wrong and hey, now you have a perfectly good excuse to not attend his family gatherings. And you were able to tell her off like Im sure youve wanted to for years. Sounds like a win to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM
She sounds like a childish brat. Where the hell was your husband while this happened?

Quoting Jac817:

She did it after I walked away for the 5th time. She just kept coming at me. She kept screaming "but you all SAW her swing at me!" I've never swung my arm in my life.

Jac817
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Oh, I am. Thank God my husband witnessed it all. He's on my side, but family is family. His mother and father are the same way AND we are home on vacation. Uggggh.

Quoting OrientalLily:

Ya, that's shitty.  Avoid her at all costs! LOL

April620
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Wow that sucks. My sil's can be bitches too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM
She'd be out of my life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN