Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hit And Run Update

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 133 Replies

Someone hit me today and drove off. I had my 2 year old and 8 month old with me and was hit driver side door. I was pulling out of Starbucks and had a clear to turn into the right most lane (lane closest to me). The person who hit me came from across the road quick. As soon as I felt impact my side airbag deployed blocking my vision of the other driver/car. I wasnt able to get any details of the car except it was a blue gray color. I threw my car into park after being hit and called for help. There was a few nice ladies who came running from LA Fitness (where I was in front of) and they came and checked to see if we were hurt. The ladies stayed with me until the police came. All of those who responded were so nice and tried to keep me calm. I was crying and so scared for the babies. I never been in an accident before and was shook up. I ended up with my left side of the face red/bruised and left eye bruised from the airbag and some seat belt burns. I just hope being on blood thinners that Im not bleeding someplace or have a new clot. EMS cleared me but told me if something feels off go get checked. The damage to the car was a huge dent in my door. Im so pissed this person just drove off and never stopped to see what they did. I just hope someone got a plate or that there are video cameras that caught this. Tomorrow the adjuster will be looking at it so we can get this fixed. The door doesnt sit right and wont open and the seatbelts locked. Here is pics of the damage

Update:

I woke up this morning very sore and my face still burns. The officer who responded called me this morning and said they were unable to collect enough to find the other driver. There was no video available to catch the angle needed. 

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM

BUMP!

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
All i can think is must be a new car that you are out driving...all while unable to pay child support..
Glad you and you're Kids are ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I'm pretty sure u have to get new car seats now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I'm pretty sure u have to get new car seats now.
SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I bought this car used about 3 years ago its a 2007 G6

Quoting JDmommyJD: All i can think is must be a new car that you are out driving...all while unable to pay child support..
Glad you and you're Kids are ok.

SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I wonder if insurance helps cover that

Quoting Anonymous: I'm pretty sure u have to get new car seats now.

OrientalLily
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Omg!  Glad you and your kids are ok!  Sorry this happened to you.  Hope they catch the bastard!

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM

It's so scary, I had a bad car accident a couple years ago and my eyes were black and blue from the airbag and my ears rang for days.  Thank goodness you're all ok.  I can't imagine hitting someone and leaving them there.

momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Some do, most give you the run around. If you have the manufactures book, send the insurance company a copy of the page. If not, call car seat company and have then fax you a copy to send to the insurance company.

Quoting SilverOcean84:

buckeyefever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Some will. I would look at your policy or talk to your agent about it to see.

Quoting SilverOcean84:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN