Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

save the earth, have less children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 217 Replies
5 moms liked this

I saw this on a bumper sticker and I agree - it's not about being able to support all those kids, it's about how can the earth support all of the garbage, waste products, and consumption of materials from all those people - China has a limit on how many children couples can have because if they didn't there would be widespread starvation in the country (just an example)  how many children is too many?   Do you think there should be a limit (not necessarily a law) or do you think people should be able to have as many as they want if they can support them?  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I think that you should have as many children as you want as long as you can support them. But if you can't afford to have many kids, use protection until you are financially stable.

OrientalLily
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually, China is lifting the one child law.  Not sure how that will go.  Their country is struggling to handle the over 1 billion population now, so I would imagine that it will only get worse.  

As for people having multiple children, meh....  If you can properly support them and love them, then I guess why the hell not?!  

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I think large families are wonderful.  Most of my friends have 5+ children.  We have 5 children.  I see nothing wrong with large/larger families.....as long as the parents are raising them and supporting them - I don't see why the number of children someone has are anyone else's business.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM

China needs more kids, they are lifting the law.

I'm not keen on legislating reproductive rights.

sparkle.ana
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I'm pregnant with number 6 right now. I think it should be up to every family how many kids they have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I think big families and lots of children are the way to go. So rewarding! I'm jealous of others that have a lot of children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:14 AM
7 moms liked this

it's not really whether it is anyone's business, it is about whether the earth can support  it in terms of consumption of products and waste of so many people - so the issue becomes not one of "if the parent can afford them why not" but if the earth can sustain them  

Quoting TableforSeven:

I think large families are wonderful.  Most of my friends have 5+ children.  We have 5 children.  I see nothing wrong with large/larger families.....as long as the parents are raising them and supporting them - I don't see why the number of children someone has are anyone else's business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I"m not interested in legislating repro rights either - it's more of a personal ethical/moral "green" kind of thing

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

China needs more kids, they are lifting the law.

I'm not keen on legislating reproductive rights.

kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
To help with that recycling should be a mandatory law. People should pay more for garbage disposal. Some places do but needs to be done everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HumanBeing
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
If I would have been more knowledgable about this I would have stopped after 1 child.

My answer is 2.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)