Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sperm bank

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Have you ever been to one? Do you have sperm bank kids? Will you let them meet their siblings? How did you choose the sperm?
I'm soo interested because I was watching something on t.v & I noticed that no one on here ever talk about these things, soo I was wound reign if there are any moms that actually have sperm bank babies
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I do.i have 2 sets of twins that were conceived using sperm donors.
sparkle.ana
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I have a sister who has a sperm bank child and is trying to conceive a second. No contact with bio siblings, and she choose it based on the description.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Wound reign?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Possibly. My dh had a vasectomy 20 years prior to is starting our family. We did IVF with ICSI to conceive and had frozen semen on hand just in case they couldn't extract viable sperm from my dh. We never asked. It's not important to us. Our child is OUR child.

When selecting our specimen the Cryobank matched physical and personality characteristics of my dh to their donors. We then selected one of those based upon medical history and their answers to the questionnaires.

My cousin and a college roommate both have babies conceived from donor sperm. Both wanted children, were approaching 40, and were in relationships with men they didn't want to co-parent with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:38 AM
My SIL and her partner had a baby using a donor. They picked their donor based on characteristics and such. No contact.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Yes, my kids are donor kids. We are a two moms family so donor sperm was the only way to conceive. We chose him by ethnicity/physical traits then character traits and medical history.

We have made some contact when they were 3 with a half sibling via email but nothing in person.
JackieGirl007
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I had a sperm donor by accident. LOL

turtlesquish23
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:50 AM

i've used a sperm donor but not from a bank. my best friend :) unfortunatly, i lost each pregnancy.

petitekatie
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Bump!! YAY!!! something new!!

AshEiler
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:59 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured