Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I left my fiance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
2 moms liked this
I just learned over the holiday/extended weekend that he molested/abused his neice. At the time he was ten and she was a toddler. I never knew and he and his sister and neice are close. I knew he was a victim of child abuse, and that probably messed him up but...I tried the last few days and I just can't make it OK or justified in my head. I too was a victim as a child and knew what was wrong by 10. I have two daughters. I can't marry a man I cant trust with my kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMami
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Don't. I'm really sorry about that, but things happen for a reason. I'm glad you found out before you married.

rphardwick
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:07 AM
4 moms liked this

Sounds to me like you dodged a possible bullet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Who told you that he did?
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I would do the same thing too. When we are around relatives I keep an eye on my dd around her teen cousins & others. I hate it but the most #1 would do such thing like that are family. It's true...
rfhsure
by beast mode on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Two daughters? Is there any possibility you two were engaged very, very recently?
TurtleMami
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:11 AM

You sound like a smart mom

Quoting BeachLifeMama: I would do the same thing too. When we are around relatives I keep an eye on my dd around her teen cousins & others. I hate it but the most #1 would do such thing like that are family. It's true...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:11 AM
He did. She revealed that she was a lesbian, and that night, when we were alone, he had a meltdown about how its all his fault and told me the story in waaay too much detail.

Quoting Anonymous: Who told you that he did?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Pretty recently, yes.

Quoting rfhsure: Two daughters? Is there any possibility you two were engaged very, very recently?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:14 AM
You're a good mom. I'm vigilant too. We have been dating for a pretty long time. He has yet to be alone with my girls. I don't trust anyone though.

Quoting BeachLifeMama: I would do the same thing too. When we are around relatives I keep an eye on my dd around her teen cousins & others. I hate it but the most #1 would do such thing like that are family. It's true...
rfhsure
by beast mode on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:14 AM
After leaving a previous husband?

Quoting Anonymous: Pretty recently, yes.

Quoting rfhsure: Two daughters? Is there any possibility you two were engaged very, very recently?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN