Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would love some advice from you lovely ladies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My son is almost 17 months old and ever since giving birth my lower back, tailbone and hips just kill me, constantly. It hurts to even pick up my son. I hips separted pretty wide when I was in labor I'm small, always been 98-100lbs so it really hurt when they moved out. Hurt the worse actually but anyway. I pushed for 45mins so wonder if I cracked my tailbone or something. I'm just not sure what's going on but it hurts so bad and wonder if any of you mamas have this kind of pain? I no longer have health insurance so can't really go to the doctor.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TnGsMomma
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I have SPD, it sounds like you may have the same thing.  My SI joints and pubic joint completely separated.  I have no carteledge in my pubic joint so the bones like to rub together.  It throws off your hips and sacram giving severe pain.  At my worst I couldn't lift my legs without assistance.  Most SPD cases last two years.  Unfortunately, mine is permanent :(  I would check with your Dr. and get an XRay. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Could it be epidural related?
TnGsMomma
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry I just read you don't have insurance...any free clinic in your town? But really, a diagnoses won't help much.  They make SI support belts that cost around 50 dollars for a good one.  That may be worth a try. 

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:33 AM

My suggestion as well.

Quoting TnGsMomma:

Sorry I just read you don't have insurance...any free clinic in your town? But really, a diagnoses won't help much.  They make SI support belts that cost around 50 dollars for a good one.  That may be worth a try. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Thamk you. I know they have a clinic that does monthly payments. I may try that. If it us SPD Can they see it in an xray? It hurts to sit down longer than a few minutes even. Not sure what it is but I need to try to get into a doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Not sure if epidural related or not
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:40 AM

could be an abscess, a rip in the bowel, filling an area of tissue with puss, between the rectum and the uterus can cause severe pain, and go undx'ed for a long time

TnGsMomma
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Yes they can see it in an X-ray.  Mine is pretty picture of my pubic bone completely separated with noticeable determination of the bone due to my pelvic bones rubbing together as I walk.  It's lovely.  If you still have carteledge there then most likely you'll heal by the end of two years. 

Quoting Anonymous: Thamk you. I know they have a clinic that does monthly payments. I may try that. If it us SPD Can they see it in an xray? It hurts to sit down longer than a few minutes even. Not sure what it is but I need to try to get into a doctor.

TnGsMomma
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM

That sounds terrible. 

Quoting the_dude:

could be an abscess, a rip in the bowel, filling an area of tissue with puss, between the rectum and the uterus can cause severe pain, and go undx'ed for a long time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN