Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why can't you shut your kids up during a chorus concert?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
13 moms liked this
Never fails people bring little kids that scream and cry to the kids chorus concert. If you can't get a babysitter then don't go! Or go out into the hallway so your screaming baby can let it out there. It's not about you! It's about the kids who worked so hard on the concert and they have to be upstaged by your screaming baby! But that makes me an asshole because I want to hear the little kids on stage, right? Wrong!!! Believe me, everyone else in the audience is thinking the same thing!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I kinda agree with you. It happens everytime.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Yes it does. People are so selfish!

Quoting Anonymous: I kinda agree with you. It happens everytime.
GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. When my twins had their Prep (kindergarten) concert the children were all sitting beautifuly waiting for their turns, no crying, no tears, no temper tantrums - it was beautiful - my son who was in grade 2 and 'too cool for school' was under the threat of extreme punishment if he made any sighs, was disrespectful or anything like that (he thought their concert was 'dumb' and was pissed cause it was my eldest's birthday, so nothing about the day was 'for' him. The classes went alphabetically and as soon as the first class finished, the moms of that class turned to each  other and started TALKING LOUDLY LIKE THIS over the second classes; at the end of the second performance the lead teacher said "No talking please parents and students" so what happens? the SECOND parents sit there and talk through the next performance and so on and so forth. My girls were last out of the 6 classes and I told DH not to even BOTHER recording it because all it could pick up was the parents. The teachers didn't know what to do and I saw some kids in my kids' class crying because they weren't being watched :/ Yet when my son SNEEZED, I had at least 3 parents in the row in front turn around and shush him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
That is very sad. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Quoting GleekingOut:

I agree. When my twins had their Prep (kindergarten) concert the children were all sitting beautifuly waiting for their turns, no crying, no tears, no temper tantrums - it was beautiful - my son who was in grade 2 and 'too cool for school' was under the threat of extreme punishment if he made any sighs, was disrespectful or anything like that (he thought their concert was 'dumb' and was pissed cause it was my eldest's birthday, so nothing about the day was 'for' him. The classes went alphabetically and as soon as the first class finished, the moms of that class turned to each  other and started TALKING LOUDLY LIKE THIS over the second classes; at the end of the second performance the lead teacher said "No talking please parents and students" so what happens? the SECOND parents sit there and talk through the next performance and so on and so forth. My girls were last out of the 6 classes and I told DH not to even BOTHER recording it because all it could pick up was the parents. The teachers didn't know what to do and I saw some kids in my kids' class crying because they weren't being watched :/ Yet when my son SNEEZED, I had at least 3 parents in the row in front turn around and shush him.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Totaly agree. I know here our school sent out a letter asking people to keep little ones home. That if they were disruptive they would be asked to leave,

Our dance teacher charges full price for kids tickets to the recital,  in hopes people will leave the kids home.

2girlsYES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM
100% agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I know what you mean. Last year of wasn't little ones being loud, it was parents. They were three rows behind me and I could hear practically every word. To make it worse when people would turn around and state they got serious attitude. I told my dad if I heard giirrrll naw" one more time I was going to lose it. How can you expect children to learn how to behave during a performance if their parents can't do it?
armywifey1983
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM

That happend more often than not when I was in the school choirs. Infants and toddlers were allowed to RUN, cry and be disruptive, and attendees didn't feel the need to be quiet if 'their child' happened to not be up on the stage at that moment. Finally, the choir conductor had to make an announcement. What some people don't realize is that we are GRADED on these performances (choir was a class in middle and high school), and the concerts were our final exams. And people wonder where kids are getting the entitlement from...

Rockabella
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Aren't you a ray of sunshine
bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:47 AM
16 moms liked this
Yes how horrible that she wanted to be able to enjoy the concert without hearing loud children.

Quoting Rockabella: Aren't you a ray of sunshine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)