Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone in Minneapolis?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM
  • 12 Replies
We're supposed to leave today to head up there (from Oklahoma) to go to Monster Jam on Saturday. Thing is we're unsure of the weather.
Does anyone live there? How is the weather? How are the roads?
Any help would be much appreciated:)
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pistolpink
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Bump
luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm only a few hours away. We just got hit with a snowstorm, so I imagine the roads are a bit slippery. One one my good friends hit black ice yesterday and totalled his new suburban. I'm glad everyone is ok.
CelestialSong
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

We're in a cold snap now so bundle up! But the roads shouldn't be too bad. We got hit with a snow storm yesterday but it's not going to snow again by Saturday, so they'll be pretty clear.

ETA: Assuming you mean Minneapolis Minneapolis and not just the general Twin Cities area. I'm not sure how the 'burbs are after a snow storm, but in Minneapolis itself the roads are plowed quickly. Either way, you should be fine as long as you're not going to be trekking through any narrow residential side streets or alleys.

pistolpink
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM
:( glad he is ok. I'm so disappointed I totally was looking forward to going to the mall lol and monster jam.

Quoting luvmybug: I'm only a few hours away. We just got hit with a snowstorm, so I imagine the roads are a bit slippery. One one my good friends hit black ice yesterday and totalled his new suburban. I'm glad everyone is ok.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Quoting pistolpink: :( glad he is ok. I'm so disappointed I totally was looking forward to going to the mall lol and monster jam.

Quoting luvmybug: I'm only a few hours away. We just got hit with a snowstorm, so I imagine the roads are a bit slippery. One one my good friends hit black ice yesterday and totalled his new suburban. I'm glad everyone is ok.

I'd still go, just drive carefully. A lot of black ice out there.
pistolpink
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Not worried about the cold just traveling. We're supposed to get snow here today but nothing like y'all get.

Quoting CelestialSong:

We're in a cold snap now so bundle up! But the roads shouldn't be too bad. We got hit with a snow storm yesterday but it's not going to snow again by Saturday, so they'll be pretty clear.

pistolpink
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Thank you

Quoting luvmybug:
Quoting pistolpink: :( glad he is ok. I'm so disappointed I totally was looking forward to going to the mall lol and monster jam.

I'd still go, just drive carefully. A lot of black ice out there.
jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Im in coon rapids (10min from minneapolis)and my neighborhood hasnt been plowed yet

Quoting CelestialSong:

ETA: Assuming you mean Minneapolis Minneapolis and not just the general Twin Cities area. I'm not sure how the 'burbs are after a snow storm, but in Minneapolis itself the roads are plowed quickly. Either way, you should be fine as long as you're not going to be trekking through any narrow residential side streets or alleys.

AylaMom
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I am and it is COLD. Lots of black ice so be careful.
CelestialSong
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Here the main roads were plowed last night, and they're getting the side streets today and tomorrow. I don't particularly like living in Minneapolis, but they are quick to clear the roads :)

Quoting jiffypop2207: Im in coon rapids (10min from minneapolis)and my neighborhood hasnt been plowed yet

Quoting CelestialSong:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN