Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

One twin invited and not the other?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 219 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have twin boys. They are 7. They are in separate "homerooms" at school, but their two classes spend lots of time together. 

One son is good friends with a boy who has a birthday party coming up. He knows my other son too, and they sometimes play, but they're not as close. His mom mailed birthday invites and only one twin was invited?

What's the protocol here? Would you let your son go without the other? I know my uninvited son is going to be so upset :(

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM
50 moms liked this

As a mother of twins myself (girls, 10 in a week) in that situation, I wouldn't be upset. They have to understand not everything can always be 50/50 just because they are twins. 

km1970
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
5 moms liked this

The one that is invited should be the only one going. 

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course he would go. They will do some stuff without the other one. It gives you a chance for some one on one time with the other too.

ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
6 moms liked this
Get used to it. They are not a unit.
mommy2boys03
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say let the one go and do something special with the other.  Even though they are twins they can have different friend especially if they are in different classrooms.  

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
4 moms liked this

They're twins, not conjoined twins.. Do something fun with the uninvited child and let the other go off and have fun with HIS friend.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
3 moms liked this

My son only invited 1 kid of triplets to his party and the mom had the nerve to call me and ask if the other 2 can go. My son was only friendly with the 1. Just let your 1 kid go, they do not have to do everything together.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Yes,,I would let one twin go without the other.That kid deserves to invite his close friends,and not just any kid he knows,right?Just make the party day a special day for you to spend with the other twin.I'm sure he'd like that just as much.

Uniquecoolio
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Yeah. I have twin boys. No big deal. It happens.
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this

They are still individuals, so they should most certainly be allowed to have separate friends and do things without the other one occasionally. If I had twins, I'd definitely let him go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)