Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No! Do not call me!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I was warned at work tonight that if the roads are too icy I may get a phonecall to go into work. All of my co-workers live outside the city and might not be able to get out. It's my freaking day off. Why do I have to be prepared at 4:30am to go to work just because I choose to live in the city? I call bullshit!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lo428
by Lauren on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Do not under any circumstances answer your phone.

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:14 AM
That's the way it is where my husband works. If the highways are deemed unsafe for travel the out of town people, the people who live in town are expected to cover until the roads are clear. On the flip side, if the out of town people are at work and the roads are bad, the company will put them up in a hotel overnight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I'm going to try my best. Dh will probably get woken up and answer it without thinking.

Quoting Lo428:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Uh. Puuut your phone on silent?

Quoting Anonymous: I'm going to try my best. Dh will probably get woken up and answer it without thinking.

Quoting Lo428:

Lo428
by Lauren on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Disconnect it!. 

Quoting Anonymous: I'm going to try my best. Dh will probably get woken up and answer it without thinking.

Quoting Lo428:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Unplug the phone.......You can't answer IF you don't hear it ringing

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Shut off the ringer....

Seriously, if they told me that I would have told them they should be prepared to be paying me double time for the day ... in cash so the taxes wouldn't be taken out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM
It sucks because I'm the ONLY one who lives in town :(

Quoting 2metalbabies: That's the way it is where my husband works. If the highways are deemed unsafe for travel the out of town people, the people who live in town are expected to cover until the roads are clear. On the flip side, if the out of town people are at work and the roads are bad, the company will put them up in a hotel overnight.
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:19 AM

If its a cell phone, it should have some type of "do not disturb" function...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:19 AM

haha  I used to be "held hostage" by work during these times since i did not drive and used taxis to get home.  I would get a free hotel room so that I could sleep and shower there.  When i worked in a group home, they would have a cot set up in the office for anyone who had to stay.  I once pulled a 72 hr shift during an ice storm at the group home.  They could not forbid us from sleeping and there were 3 of us stuck there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured