Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like a horrible mother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 133 Replies
I don't know what to do with my son. I constantly run out of ideas. I'm a ftm and a sahm and I seriously don't know what to do all day. I feel like I'm constantly cleaning up messes that never get clean. When I get to frustrated I prop him up and turn on and cartoons or busy rhymes and go outside and smoke going that be falls asleep. It sometimes works. When I get back inside I just hide and clean, but of course by the time dh gets home the place looks exactly the same if not worst.

I try not to chain smoke but it's the only time I get time for myself. I don't even want a cig half the time I some but it gives me a chance to escape.

I seriously don't know what to do anymore
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand your question. How old is your son, why is the house a mess?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting suzanneyea:

I don't understand your question. How old is your son, why is the house a mess?

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM
How old is your son?
abecee
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM

You prop him up?  How old is your son?
I don't think any of this is true.

PurpleCupcake
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Making cleaning lists help me in this situation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Maybe you'll feel better if you get a part time job just to get out for awhile. I get kind of lonely and depressed if I am in the house too much. I am also a sahm. Oh and the less time you're in the house, the less messy it gets. LOL
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Is he a baby? Babies aren't really all that entertaining I know! They are high matienence mess makers.
I would not clean constantly during the day....I would wipe up and clear dishes. Then, about an hour before your husband comes home, start cleaning. This saves the back and forth during the day and the house is more likely to be straightened up when he comes home.
Could you possibly join a playgroup? You never know you might be friends with someone you meet at the park. Do you have friends you can meet up with for coffee? I spend a lot of time gettong out and running errands.
EmeraldBirdie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this

look online for activities that you can do with your son at home for his age group. The Google bar can be your best friend!Get him on a schedule and find something other than chain smoking to relieve stress.They are only little once...make it count.

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:09 AM
5 moms liked this

ftm and a sahm = female to male stay at home mom?

Osstie
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like hes young. This wont last forever. They grow fast, trust me! This is a little blip in your life! It gets better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)