Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

woohoo snow day!!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:03 AM
  • 36 Replies
So happy our schools are being proactive today and closing. Its freezing rain out there now and we will start getting 4-6 inches of snow later this afternoon starting around 1. I'm calling off work tonight. I hope I don't get shit for it I haven't called off in 6 months.
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Lucky! No delay but the plows are really good in our town and have been running all night. Dd was begging to play but she'll have to wait. Next year when we hs it will be so great to just let her go play.
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Yeah our plows are usually awesome but because of the rain the past 3 days they weren't able to treat the roads and everything has been saturated which of course is all frozen now. Really there isn't anything to plow yet and its just going to get worse as the day goes on.

Quoting LilliesValley: Lucky! No delay but the plows are really good in our town and have been running all night. Dd was begging to play but she'll have to wait. Next year when we hs it will be so great to just let her go play.
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM

It is going to be in the 70's here today......Sunday it will be in the 20's -_- The fuck nature?

mariesmama
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:37 AM

where are you at?3-6 is predicted here but so far its about 1 i'm secretly laughing.i'm from iowa this is nothing and schools are closed in oklahoma.

levansbx
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:39 AM
We must be close by because same thing here! I'm going to work from home today. woo goo! snow day for mommy too!
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I'm in SW Ohio. 1-3 is normal for us 4-6 is quite a bit. Stores are actually running out of food. We're supposed to get hit again Sunday.

Quoting mariesmama:

where are you at?3-6 is predicted here but so far its about 1 i'm secretly laughing.i'm from iowa this is nothing and schools are closed in oklahoma.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Our snow is almost gone! But apparently they're calling for 20-30 cm of snow tonight. I looooove snow!
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:41 AM
SW Ohio? Indiana? Northern Kentucky?

Quoting levansbx: We must be close by because same thing here! I'm going to work from home today. woo goo! snow day for mommy too!
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I wish I loved snow. It causes a panic attack just thinking about driving in it.

Quoting MistyMoo: Our snow is almost gone! But apparently they're calling for 20-30 cm of snow tonight. I looooove snow!
HollyHawk333
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Oh man I wish we had snow days. We've got 8ins on the groud and more coming. On top of that it's about -26 with wind chill out. I'm in Mt so this is a fairly normal winter for us. Have fun on your snow day!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)