Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dreadlocks should be banned?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
Huh?
Can't get a job? Huh?
Confused?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Say whaaaatttt?? Lol. I don't care for them personally but there is this one hot rich guy that I'm friends with and I can totally see him with them since he is always traveling to islands and he enjoys his ganja!! Lmao. Plus he doesn't have to work like most people so he can look however he wants and it wouldn't matter!! :-)
angevil53
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I've worked with people with nice dreads and nasty dreads.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Are you talking about the school story? If not I'm going to tell about it! Little girl had dreads and wanted into a really good school and had the grades, but they didn't allow dreads. Basically, the parent of the little girl made a big deal about it and they backed down and changed their rule. Yes it is ridiculous. Obviously you don't want into the school THAT bad if you refuse to go just because they don't allow dreads. And at the end of the interview they OF COURSE ask the mom if she thought it was racist. (The mother said no, that white people have dreads as well. I just thought it was a stupid question to ask.) And nope, nothing was said about her dreads being of any religious practice or anything like that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't care for them myself but can't see how anyone could ban them. Rastafarians wear them as part of their faith so they could claim religious discrimination.
MommaVoo
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

this, it all depends on how the person takes care of them and on some ppl they are quite attractive.

Quoting angevil53: I've worked with people with nice dreads and nasty dreads.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally they are gross and ugly.    

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice dreads, on the right person look cool imo. Then you have the people that just stop washing and brushing their hair...that doesn't look so good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:16 AM
But they don't just come out, depending on how long you've had them you could have to cut you hair.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you talking about the school story? If not I'm going to tell about it! Little girl had dreads and wanted into a really good school and had the grades, but they didn't allow dreads. Basically, the parent of the little girl made a big deal about it and they backed down and changed their rule. Yes it is ridiculous. Obviously you don't want into the school THAT bad if you refuse to go just because they don't allow dreads. And at the end of the interview they OF COURSE ask the mom if she thought it was racist. (The mother said no, that white people have dreads as well. I just thought it was a stupid question to ask.) And nope, nothing was said about her dreads being of any religious practice or anything like that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I have a friend who's friend has dreads . The friend is a massage therapist who can't find work. My friend told her that people think the dreads are nasty so they wouldn't want her giving them a massage . And that she should get rid of them so she can get a job.
So my friend told her she would help her get them out as best as possible to try and save some of her hair . ( she's had them for like 8 yrs. )
When they were working on them my friend said her hair stunk to high heaven and had gross build up shit in it.

I almost vomited when she told about it smelling so bad .
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this
Why are people so uptight about hair? People don't have to look exactly the same to succeed in life...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN