Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Never thought I'd be here

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 26 Replies
I never thought I'd be here. No money. In a transition house with 3 little kids.
First was a gong show. Detoxing lady. Another lady who freeked and yelled at my dd for having an anxiety melt down.
Then for 4 days no milk, eggs, or bread. My kids ate fruit cups and chocolate covered granola bars for 4 days.
It wasn't till I tweeted the mayor and his office got back to me that we got bread and milk..
I found room in another home close to the kids school. My dd with anxiety, ADHD, and sensory issues has done a compleate change since we left her dad. Teacher is amazed.
I'm dealing with my son being emotional. But we are working on it slowly.
My youngest understands I'm protecting her from daddy hitting her.
I'm just exhausted. Found a place for the 15th. It's more then I can afford, but I'll have to creative budget.
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heathers5500
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you are away from an abusive situation and getting back on your feet.

pinkfairy0206
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Good for you for taking the steps to better your life, and children's. I hope things start getting better soon!
bebe_ju-rah
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I don't know your back story but good for you for doing right by your babies! It WILL get better :)
britmichele
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Oh my gosh! I've been wondering about you..... Message me, if you want?? Either way, sending good thoughts your way
bebe_ju-rah
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Oh and do you have a local food pantry or salvation army that can help with food?
emt088
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I'm so sorry your family is going through this. I have to think it'll be worth it in the long term. Does the house help with job placement, or housing assistance at all until you can get more established and find your sea legs?
abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Hugs
FlyingHottie
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Thx ladies. It's almost 6am. Been up with my youngest tossing and turning. 2 beds for 4 people.
We also lost one of my sons stuffies on the way.
A Bernie baby dog with the given name Brutus.... (That's the Bernie baby nane).....

I sent ex and his dad an email stating I'm taking half the items in the house and all the kids stuff.
Haven't heard back yet. He got back from an out if country work conference last night...
KikiKia
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Good for you.  I know it is a struggle but i am very glad you got you and your children out of your abusive situation, even if it means toughing it out.

Keep us updated.

thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I thought you were going to say cm and I was going to empathize with you 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN