Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My baby won't let me put her down.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I'm so tired and brewing up a bad cold. She is 15 months old and has been nursing since yesterday evening. Every time I put her down she screams, kicks, and cries like her entire world has collapsed. I wonder what's wrong.
I am still nursing her and my boobs look like pancakes. It's disturbing how they look even smaller and more saggy than before. But anyway, she has no fever, sprouted a tooth a week ago, and has no apparent symptoms. All I can think is a growth spurt, perhaps .
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you mean to say, "YOU won't put her down"? If there's nothing wrong with her, then lay her down for a few minutes and walk away to gather your thoughts. It won't kill her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I've put her down several times. She screamed the whole time, but I am about to have to do it again. I need to step outside. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you mean to say, "YOU won't put her down"? If there's nothing wrong with her, then lay her down for a few minutes and walk away to gather your thoughts. It won't kill her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Do what you need to do. Like I said, crying won't kill her. Some parents never walk away and end up hurting their child out of frustration. So walk away if you need too. Hang in there. 

Quoting Anonymous: I've put her down several times. She screamed the whole time, but I am about to have to do it again. I need to step outside. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM

That's normal on her part, that's what they do. :P She may just want to be held, I've gone through the same thing.

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Letting her cry isn't a bad thing. Put a kid show on or place her with toys. Make sure she is in a kid proof area and then do what you need to do.

Quoting Anonymous: I've put her down several times. She screamed the whole time, but I am about to have to do it again. I need to step outside. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

amandacr1026
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM

then just put her down... let her cry. its good for her every now and then. Put her down and go about your day and when she stops then you acknowledge her and give her cuddles.

Nunyabusiness
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Growth spurt. Hang in there mama and drink lots and lots of water. Hope you both feel better soon!

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM
kids.don't die.from crying......just saying
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN