Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should doctors and vaccinated individuals be held liable for diseases spread by vaccines?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

??????

Well, should they?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Little insecure about your own decisions?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM

http://healthland.time.com/2013/09/30/parents-not-vaccinating-kids-contributed-to-whooping-cough-outbreaks/

That would be Whooping Cough.

Quoting Anonymous:

What disease do unvaccinated people spread?

Quoting tardistraveller:

idk, should people who refuse to be vaccinated be held responsible for the diseases they help spread?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm always amazed at this "shedding" belief.
How on earth did my entire family get flu shots and my 5 year old get all his boosters when my youngest was 3 weeks old and the newborn not "catch" it?
And this has been true with every child. The rest of the family gets their vaccines as needed and the newborn with no immune system remains healthy.
But somehow your healthy child who's immune system is supposedly superior due to no vaccination is going to catch the illness when a freaking newborn doesn't?!
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Whooping cough

Polio

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2013/08/24/measles-outbreak-traces-to-vaccine-refusing-megachurch/

That would be measles.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tardistraveller:

idk, should people who refuse to be vaccinated be held responsible for the diseases they help spread?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM
If a vaccine causes an outbreak, I would think the manufacturer would be held liable, maybe the FDA for approving it. I've never heard of this happening though.
anotherhalf
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM
This is the perfect post to finish off my "2013 Dumbest Things Asked On CM" list.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM

http://www1.toronto.ca/staticfiles/city_of_toronto/toronto_public_health/communicable_disease_control/immunization/files/pdf/unvaccinated_backgrounder.pdf

This one mentions polio, measles, and whooping cough.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tardistraveller:

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Being unvaccinated isn't a disease and it isn't contagious. Those with Whooping cough, both vaccinated or unvaccinated spread it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

http://healthland.time.com/2013/09/30/parents-not-vaccinating-kids-contributed-to-whooping-cough-outbreaks/

That would be Whooping Cough.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tardistraveller:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

"Shedding" is just a convenient and fallacious way to spread the idea that unvaccinated populations are not a risk.

It is spread by people who don't understand vaccine efficacy nor do they have a clue about the epidemiology of disease in general.

These are usually the same people who claim that 'those diseases were going away anyway, vaccines have nothing to do with eradication of disease'

Quoting Anonymous: I'm always amazed at this "shedding" belief.
How on earth did my entire family get flu shots and my 5 year old get all his boosters when my youngest was 3 weeks old and the newborn not "catch" it?
And this has been true with every child. The rest of the family gets their vaccines as needed and the newborn with no immune system remains healthy.
But somehow your healthy child who's immune system is supposedly superior due to no vaccination is going to catch the illness when a freaking newborn doesn't?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

but our own gov ruled the manufacturer cannot be held liable..thats why theres a special vaccine court and compensation fund, and from every vaccine administered, some of that money goes into the fund. 

Quoting Anonymous: If a vaccine causes an outbreak, I would think the manufacturer would be held liable, maybe the FDA for approving it. I've never heard of this happening though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN