Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Postpartum Hemorrhage-terrifying TMI!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 62 Replies
I was induced on Monday due to high blood pressure, which I was trying so hard to avoid because I wanted an epidural free birth. They started with cytotec, then stripped my membranes, broke my water and started pitocin. I finally caved into an epidural 18 hours after my induction started, which took about 10 sticks to place. After that I dilated to ten within 3 hours, pushed 15 minutes and delivered a beautiful sunny side up baby boy, without tearing! Aside from the cascade of interventions and the crappy epidural experience,this was the best and most enjoyable birth of the three I've had. But immediately after he was out,I had a nagging backache that wouldn't go away. I figured it was due to the position of the baby. I used the bathroom.before being transferred to my post delivery room and passed a huge clot. The nurse looked concerned but I was not bleeding more than usual so off I went. I got to my room where I informed my new nurse of the strange pain, relaxed a while, had a few visitors, then went to the bathroom again. This time, blood just ran down my legs the whole way to the bathroom and I passed another clot the size of a baseball. Got back into bed and felt another gush. Before I know it, doctorsare in my room manually extracting clots from my uterus. They said there were no more, but to let them know if I had anymore gushing. Ok, I said, that was fucking terrible. I thought all was well once again, had another visitor and then another huge gush that would not stop. Every nurse on the floor was in my room holding me down while the doctors extracted me two more times, started pitocin, gave more cytotec and demerol for the excruciating pain I was in. I was laying in my bed bleeding everywhere and thought, I am going to die, right here next to my newborn son. I then went to the bathroom after I calmed down and stopped bawling. I then passed a huge piece of placenta that was left that they did not find. My bleeding finally stopped, the pain resolved somewhat, and I am now home with my bundle of joy. My hemoglobin dropped significantly, but I survived the most disgusting, painful and terrifying experience of my life. Have any other moms gone through this?
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mtdewwid
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Bump!
Sparta.
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Somewhat
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Mine resulted in a drain being surgically inserted in my abdomen 3 days after my csection. It sucks but glad you are doing better
Mtdewwid
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Wow, I hope you are doing well after that too.

Quoting Anonymous: Mine resulted in a drain being surgically inserted in my abdomen 3 days after my csection. It sucks but glad you are doing better
bamamommy2009
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM

0_o wow that is terrifying! i am so glad that you made it through that! just wow is all I got!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Unfortunately not. Been 5 months and problems still continue

Quoting Mtdewwid: Wow, I hope you are doing well after that too.

Quoting Anonymous: Mine resulted in a drain being surgically inserted in my abdomen 3 days after my csection. It sucks but glad you are doing better
Mtdewwid
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I'm sorry that is happening to you. Are things at least heading in a better direction for you?

Quoting Anonymous: Unfortunately not. Been 5 months and problems still continue

Quoting Mtdewwid: Wow, I hope you are doing well after that too.

elfling811
by Niki on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I had retained placenta and had to have a D&C when DD was three days old. I hope you're feeling better soon.
kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM

3 times...the last time was the worst and the doctors said another pregnancy and birth would either result in hyterectomy or death. I was done having kids anyway, but it was a scary thought.

bubble_guts
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Not that kind of problem.
But whole attempting a vbac with our 3rd, they thought baby crashed, (they lost his heartbeat with the internal monitor), and I DID crash, they brought me back, and it happened again- they thought I ruptured and wheeled me off into surgery.... Woke up without my baby, and didn't meet him for about 3hrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)