Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boycott WINCO!!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 131 Replies

OMG!! I am BEYOND pissed!! I used to love Winco stores. I was going 2-3x a week as it is the closest store to home and very reasonably priced mostof the time..

So today I went, spent 45 minutes shopping. I had about $60 worth of grocerie, get to the checkout and wait about 10 minutes in line...

Just to be told they CAN'T TAKE MY CHECK @@ WTF???

The reason? I wrote a check within 24 hours....so it fukking makes me a criminal because I wrote a check?? Yeah, I was in last night, I bought stuff for my son's Boy Scout Troop...a whole $20 check.

BECAUSE of that, I can't write a check for $60 for my kid's food for the week???

I am NO LONGER shopping there if they are going to treat me like a criminal because I refuse to use a bank card!!! I've haad THREE different cards have fraud and be compromised in the last year so I stopped using a debit..  Now I'm treated like some ghetto criminal.

I even suggested that I would wait while they called my bank..."No, we no longer do that."  HELLO!! They did it a MONTH ago when I wrote  a $300 check because "That is over our daily limit, it is our policy to call the bank."

YOU BET I am calling Monday and talking to the store director AND calling corporate on Monday as well.

Rat bastards!

by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM
4 moms liked this
Ok. You can boycott them. I'm not going to because you had shitty service.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM
4 moms liked this

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
This is why I use cash for 90% of things.
lunyuny
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I miss Winco
highlandmum
by Spunky on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Do not know what to say, no stores around here take cheques anymore.   It is cash, interact, or credit card.

turtlesquish23
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I love winco. I won't boycott them
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Use cash. A lot of places are sick of bounced checks.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

why didn't you just withdrawl $60 from the atm?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM

It is just TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! They don't have it posted "Sorry, we can't take a check until your last one cleared."

The manager that came t italk to me said it was usually within 24 hours to clear but as much as 48 hours. So SHIT!! I'm thre 2-3 times a week and it has NEVER been an issue!!!  How the fuk do I know if I wait 24 hours, missed something and have to go back, that it would even be clear then???

Went from my fave store to boycotting in 5 minutes!

wonderstruck11
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Same here.

Never heard of Winco.

Quoting highlandmum:

Do not know what to say, no stores around here take cheques anymore.   It is cash, interact, or credit card.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured