Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Black and white this sounds like the best idea but im still torn.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

Im 20 with a 14month old. I have medical problems that make it hard to take care of my baby. After i had my baby i never planned on being sick like i am. It has broke me down to nothing to this day. I keep getting sicker and sicker and there so far as only been one clear medical problem that the doctors are sure of. I only have my ged it took me nearly a year to get it. I cant work its heart breaking to depend on welfare. My babys father works and goes to college but hes a selfish jerk and hasn't bothered to help at all. I start college in jan. Now dd fathers parents have stepped up. They help me as best as they can because the live in New York. NY. We came to an idea where they could only have limited custody of dd so i can go to college and work a low impact job and save money and work on getting better. As in dd live with them the max a year. But im torn because well this is my baby. We would Skype everyday of course and i would visit every two weeks. My heart says yes but my mind says no. I know dds grandparents are well fit on taking care of her and will do a wonderful job and i know dd will be happy and surrounded by love and she will be taken care of financially as well. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM

BUMP!

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I couldn't do it but you have to think about what's best for your baby. Good luck
BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Did you mean to say that your mind says yes but your heart says no ?It makes more sense to me that way. It is a tough decision, and I understand how hard it is to be sick and hating losing ANY time with your kid. Just try to think about how much better things will be once your health improves. I'm here if you ever need to talk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:19 AM

in the long run i need to be better and this seems like the only way. 

Quoting BekahBrownEyes: Did you mean to say that your mind says yes but your heart says no ?It makes more sense to me that way. It is a tough decision, and I understand how hard it is to be sick and hating losing ANY time with your kid. Just try to think about how much better things will be once your health improves. I'm here if you ever need to talk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Thank you. 

Quoting kristiansmommy1: I couldn't do it but you have to think about what's best for your baby. Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:20 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't do that because they could turn around and file for custody.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM

We would have court order and written agreements and lawyers. Id cover my tracks.

Quoting Anonymous: I wouldn't do that because they could turn around and file for custody.

nolongermstkn
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM
GET IT IN WRITING....notarized. Or through the courts. It could later bite you in the ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Thats my plan if i do. Ill make sure everything is in writing and signed ect. 

Quoting nolongermstkn: GET IT IN WRITING....notarized. Or through the courts. It could later bite you in the ass.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Don't do it. You will lose custody.

My daughter's paternal grandparents tried this exact thing, then filed for custody when I said no. They filed the same day I said no, which meant they had intended to do it anyways, as it takes a while to get that drawn up.

If you are that ill, it may be the best decision, but do not intend on getting your baby back custody wise. Ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)