Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I tame this baby hair?! *pic*

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 43 Replies

Mobile Photo

My 10 month old's hair is getting pretty shaggy. I want to let it grow out long for now, but it needs to be trimmed and evened out. The problem is that there's no way he'll sit still enough for me to use scissors.

How did you tame the baby hair? Clippers? Do any barbers specialize in that? I'm no good at this kind of thing so I could use suggestions.
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Bump
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Bump
theloudhouse
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Some areas have kids salons that specialize in little kids. Otherwise call ahead to check if they have someone there who is good with kids and he sits on your lap.
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Bump
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I'm afraid they wouldn't be able to do it. He's literally never still unless he's sleeping. But I guess someone who specializes would be used to that.

Quoting theloudhouse: Some areas have kids salons that specialize in little kids. Otherwise call ahead to check if they have someone there who is good with kids and he sits on your lap.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Do it when they are asleep.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know *** but he's really cute lol

Could you put him in a high chair and give him a really yummy snack and just trim off a bit from the back. The top doesn't look so bad right now.

PEEPkiller
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM

My dd's hair is pretty unruly. Even after I comb it through it gets tangled so quickly! And she HATES having her hair messed with even a little bit. Its getting long and it could look so pretty if she would let me do something with it. She won't even tolerate a hair bow or a pony tail.

myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I think he'd squirm too much, but we can try it. The back and around his ears is a mess. It's all shaggy and different lengths. I'm also not sure how to cut it so it will grow out even.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I don't but he's really cute lol

Could you put him in a high chair and give him a really yummy snack and just trim off a bit from the back. The top doesn't look so bad right now.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I think for now since he's so young, any thing you do to his hair it's just going to be all around funky looking. Even if it's not a perfect hair cut, it will grow back and by then maybe he'll be old enough to sit nice at a place where they can do a better job. Know what I mean?

Quoting myempyreofdirt: I think he'd squirm too much, but we can try it. The back and around his ears is a mess. It's all shaggy and different lengths. I'm also not sure how to cut it so it will grow out even.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I don't but he's really cute lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)