Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sad. ='(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I'm leaving my fiance. He is just a miserable person. We have a few month old baby together, and the truth is I didn't mean to get pregnant. I didn't want to be with him, just because of who he is to other people, but that's not the point. We were so happy, but I guess he's bipolar and is mostly a depressed person. He has thrown me around a few times. Now he is living on the porch and I need to find somewhere else to go. I can't go to my mom's because of how her house is. I don't have any friends. The only place I would have to go is this other guy's house and I don't want to go because I don't want to rely on him or have him save me. We would end up being together and it would probably end up like this, plus it would confuse my older child. I am trying to hang in here until taxes come around and I can either find a little place or fix up my mother's extra bedroom and living room so that it is suitable for my children. My ex-df really doesn't mean to be a bad guy, he's got major issues and it seems life has just become to much for him. I know he was like this in his prior marriage, but I thought that was mostly because they weren't compatible and I could 'fix" him I guess. I was bad in my last relationship to, but I made myself better. I'm hating life right now. I'm so in deep shit and don't know how to get out of it.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

well, getting fiance medicated might make all the difference.

my best friend of 10 years was becoming a nightmare before he was diagnosed.....he's sooo much better now.

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Maybe some counseling would help you put all this in perspective. Many places charge on a sliding scale, and you may not have to pay anything at all. I do hope things work out for you! Take care.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Some problems are just not fixable, sorry.

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting OwlNuggets:

my best friend of 10 years was becoming a nightmare before he was diagnosed.....he's sooo much better now.

My older son was that way, also. To the point I had to call the police, because he was threatening to burn the house down with us in it. He was diagnosed and now takes meds, and hasn't had an episode in years. He's married now, and his wife is very good about making sure he takes his meds.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Number one rule: you can never fix someone else. Hope you are able to find a way to get your life together. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Holy crap ._.

"buddy" was suicidal and highly emotional. totally crippled him from working and being a member of society.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

My older son was that way, also. To the point I had to call the police, because he was threatening to burn the house down with us in it. He was diagnosed and now takes meds, and hasn't had an episode in years. He's married now, and his wife is very good about making sure he takes his meds.

AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM

The worst part is that he did try to fix himself for me. After the first time he threw something and hit me he started going to a dr about it. He takes mood stabilizers and anti depressants, they stopped working right after they stopped giving him drastic mood swings that changed his moods but made him not care about any of them.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Yeah. He scared me so bad, and even now, it breaks my heart to think I had to call the police, but I honestly had no other choice. He was like your friend, just a shell of the person I knew he truly was, and is now. I didn't know if I was strong enough to call, but I did, and now I'm so glad I did, and he is too. He holds no hard feelings towards me, even told me he's glad I did, because now he feels like a "real person" (his words, not mine), and it's because I did.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Holy crap ._.

"buddy" was suicidal and highly emotional. totally crippled him from working and being a member of society.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Yup, sometimes that's just how it is. Sucks though, I'm pretty sure we really do love eachother. I won't stay, and I definitely won't make my kids stay in an unhappy home.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Some problems are just not fixable, sorry.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM

yeah, "buddy" had bumps and scrapes before they found the right meds for him...truly bipolar people are pretty much crazy until those chemicals get balanced.

I would make this an ultimatum. either he pursues help for his mental issues or you'll have no choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

The worst part is that he did try to fix himself for me. After the first time he threw something and hit me he started going to a dr about it. He takes mood stabilizers and anti depressants, they stopped working right after they stopped giving him drastic mood swings that changed his moods but made him not care about any of them.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

AVE SATANAS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)