Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did you start telling people you we're pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Like how far along we're you?
I'm friends on Facebook with my old neighbor she's 17,(I've known her since she was born,my mother used to baby sit her,she's basically like a cousin to me)... Anyways she recently found out she was 5 weeks pregnant,& I get it she's excited,soo I ignored the fact that she put her pregnancy test on Facebook, but then I commented on a picture of her & said " girl you still have a baby face,lol"& she put " yea I know, but my face got fatter,this is that pregnancy face"... I said to myself " what?"... Then she puts statuses like " pregnancy is such a drag my feet are all swollen" " ooh let me go shopping for some baby stuff" " I know it's early but yes I want a boy"..& then her and her friend took a picture and the caption was " two pregnant females"....I just find that super weird! I didn't tell anyone until my second trimester,because I heard that was bad luck

When did you start telling people
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
As soon as I found out.
rebeccarae
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM
My sister is like that, I personally didn't waste time telling people (around the 1st appt usually) but I never posted a day to day update of my pregnancy on fb.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I was 13 weeks along when I confirmed my pregnancy and told my boss.. After my first OB appt and I heard the heartbeat.

However, I told my mom when the pregnancy test came back positive and it was confirmed by my doctor around 8 weeks. I told my father when I was 10 weeks. Both of them told other family members and it spread like wildfires.

the_dude
by abides on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM

we told everyone right away, with both. 

she thinks its bad now? tell her to get back to you in 30 weeks...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM
After my first appointment I told people. Only because I was scared shitless. I was around 8 weeks
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM
This

Quoting kaysha: As soon as I found out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I don't think it really matters.  My daughter was 5 months when we found out she was pregnant two weeks later the baby was stillborn.

SaraW1989
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I'm 24 weeks and haven't told anyone but my ex, parents and a close friends.

I couldn't care less about other people knowing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
With my son I was 39 weeks.
4weeman
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I always wait until I can't hide the bump. I've had too many losses to get everyone all excited just to let them down and deal with all the "im sorry"s
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)