Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shes a FELON!!! What can I do next??!!!**UPDATE!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 233 Replies
I went to pickup my sons from aftercare yesterday.

This week was their fathers week, but I asked him if I could have the boys for the weekend.

I had a feeling that my ex husbands girlfriend had picked them up from school.

I asked the girl at the front if the ex husband had added anyone else to the pickup list, but he hadnt. However, I noticed there was a sticky note with some writing on it. I asked the girl to tell me what it said, and it was a note with the girlfriends name on it

My problem with this?? I have NO idea who she is, or her name. The ex won't let me meet her.

I MADE myself speak to her a few weeks ago. He met me at McDonald's to pick up our kids. I had a feeling he had someone in his car, so I walked up to the car, and she was trying to hide from me.

I opened her car door, and introduced mysellf. She seemed VERY nice, but I was confused WHY he had refused to introduce us to one another.

Mind you, he doesn't want to meet MY S/O, for God know what reason, but as a mature adult, I WANT to know who is around my children

Well back to my story from yesterday. I get her full name, and they tell me that they can't refuse her to pick up my sons, only if its in our court order.

Anyways, I leave and I begin to dig for some info on her.

I google photos, and her photo pops up as a MUG SHOT!!! I look at her charges, and she has 4 charges for Traffic in stolen property. She has 13 years probation sentence. Expires 2027

Well today, I do some more research, and find out this woman has a battery charge, and drug possession charges- her bail was set for $20,000!! I found 5 mug shots in total! Her latest arrest was just last September for traffic in stolen property

This is NOT the type of woman I want around my children!!! I am in shock as to why my ex husband is with her? Does he know ab her charges? Or did he not tell me who she is bc he didn't want me to find this out??

My question is- what's my next step? Do I need to hire a PI to get evidence that they are together??

Will I be able to use that evidence in court?

Anyone been through this?

ETA-

The school situation is not at the top of my worries. Yes, it concerns me, but EVERYTHING else in this post is what I'm really asking advice for

**UPDATE**

Their father has not called in 3 days.

This evening I receive a text... From HER! I figured it could be her, so I call the number. Goes straight to voicemail. What do you know??!! "Hi.. You've reached *****, I can't come to the phone.. Etc" BINGO. I knew it. I wait a few minutes and try again. This time she picks up and hangs up.

I immediately call my ex. No answer. So I leave him a message to let him know to tell her to NEVER text me again.

I'm beyond LIVID. She really has the audacity to contact me??!! Who does this girl think she is???!!

Photo of the text on pg 20 not 12- I am GREEN
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyG10
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I would tell/show him what you found and voice your concerns
abecee
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM
11 moms liked this

Lots of problem with this whole situation.  The school released the kids to someone NOT on the approved pick up list?
You haven't met the person your children will be spending time with at their dad's house?
She has way too many charges/convictions/etc to be considered safe around childrent.

I would immediately stop visitation. Contact the lawyer, judge, family advocate and insert RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL in the custody agreement.

IF everything you've written is true

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I don't know if talking to him would be a good idea.

My ex isn't a very honest person himself.

He himself is a con, and a theif

Quoting EmilyG10: I would tell/show him what you found and voice your concerns
SaraW1989
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this
The school cannot release them to anyone not on the list.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Everything is absolutely true.

I was LIVID when they told me that when it's their dads week, anyone that HE authorizes to pick up the kids for just a day, is able to do so

I made sure to let them know that not without MY authorization. They told me unless its in our agreement that only family members are the only ones allowed to pick up the kids, anyone can pick up the kids

I am certain the mug shots were the girlfriend.

I zoomed into her photo, and asked my kids who that was, and they said "why do you have a picture of *****?"

I am very upset.

And I want to add- the ex told me that if I showed up at his house to meet her, he'd call the police and have me arrested

Quoting abecee: Lots of problem with this whole situation.  The school released the kids to someone NOT on the approved pick up list?You haven't met the person your children will be spending time with at their dad's house?She has way too many charges/convictions/etc to be considered safe around childrent.I would immediately stop visitation. Contact the lawyer, judge, family advocate and insert RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL in the custody agreement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Exactly. I'm going to take this to the principle

Quoting SaraW1989: The school cannot release them to anyone not on the list.
abecee
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM
No no no that is not true at all. Schools release children ONLY to the people who are named on the approved pick up list. There is NO COURT ORDER that would state ANYONE can pick up the kids., Sorry not true
Quoting Anonymous: Everything is absolutely true.

I was LIVID when they told me that when it's their dads week, anyone that HE authorizes to pick up the kids for just a day, is able to do so

I made sure to let them know that not without MY authorization. They told me unless its in our agreement that only family members are the only ones allowed to pick up the kids, anyone can pick up the kids

I zoomed into her photo, and asked my kids who that was, and they said "why do you have a picture of *****?"

I am very upset.

Quoting abecee:

Lots of problem with this whole situation.  The school released the kids to someone NOT on the approved pick up list?
You haven't met the person your children will be spending time with at their dad's house?
She has way too many charges/convictions/etc to be considered safe around childrent.

I would immediately stop visitation. Contact the lawyer, judge, family advocate and insert RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL in the custody agreement.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Who should I speak to about this?? The principle? Or the school board?

Quoting abecee: No no no that is not true at all.
Schools release children ONLY to the people who are named on the approved pick up list. There is NO COURT ORDER that would state ANYONE can pick up the kids., Sorry not true

Quoting Anonymous: Everything is absolutely true.

I am very upset.

Quoting abecee:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Definitely talk to the director or principal, there doesn't need to be a court order. But you should talk to your divorce lawyer about her and see if there is anything you can do about limiting your children's time around her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)