Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want my own room

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 13 Replies
So DH and I have been looking at renting a bigger place. We don't want to own-we have no desire to.

He wants a two bedroom and I want a three bedroom. I want to use the extra bedroom as an office/study area for myself. I feel like I have absolutely NO space to myself in our home.

We have our bedroom but its got a video game console in it. We have the living room but its got toys and other video games in it. I don't want to banish my son from the living room so he's in there, lol. And my husband will be in our room doing whatever. Sometimes I just want to be alone!

So right now we're in a two bedroom apartment. I want either a two bedroom town home with a basement or a three bedroom.

Is this unreasonable?

Also-its not causing WWIII or anything. We're not even going to seriously considering moving until next year-and we'd be in the same area so its not like we're uprooting or anything. We just can't agree on the size we're going to get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I would probably kill myself without my office.  

Obviously I'm being overly dramatic, but really..... I need my office. 

No, you're not being unreasonable.  

Keep an open mind--
but not so open that your brain falls out. 

smurfbitebug
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Not unreasonable at all, I don't think. Some people need more space to themselves than others, that is just the way it is. No big deal.
MamaK88
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

This is why there's a TV in our room AND our daughter's room.  

abecee
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

We all need space of our own.  I'd wait for a 3rd bedroom or a liveable basement.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I don't think it's unreasonable. I have my own room and DH has his, this way we can each have our own personal space. His is more of an office. I just keep all of my girly stuff and decorations in mine lol.

lunyuny
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I want my own room
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Our son had one in his room but it was becoming such a battle, we took it out for awhile. Maybe I'll put it back in over the summer.

Quoting MamaK88:

This is why there's a TV in our room AND our daughter's room.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I think since I'm home a lot this week he's kind of starting to see how much studying I actually do. He kept asking why I needed it and why I couldn't study in the bedroom or dining room but our apartment is SO small-there arent any real "quiet" areas.

Quoting abecee:

We all need space of our own.  I'd wait for a 3rd bedroom or a liveable basement.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelgonebad
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Some days I want my own house. And I don't have kids at home or a husband who games etc.  but some days our house is just to small

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM
That's how I've been feeling recently-its just too small.

I mean, I love our apartment. I always said we'd live here until we decided to have another baby-which was a few years down the road.

But idk. I just need some space to myself. I would also really like a second bathroom too.

Quoting Angelgonebad:

Some days I want my own house. And I don't have kids at home or a husband who games etc.  but some days our house is just to small

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN