Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would your first thought be if your teenage DD came home and told you she is pregnant?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 686 Replies
1 mom liked this
Or if you have all boys what would you think if as a teenager he got someone pregnant. Would you be upset? Hurt? Disappointed?
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imakehimscream
by He screams on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
4 moms liked this
I would be upset but we would talk options
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
37 moms liked this
I would be contacting a lawyer, dh would be in jail for murder.
Lilfootmommy
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
5 moms liked this
Id be disappointed but id help him in any way I could
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM
27 moms liked this

I wouldn't be upset, I would be concerned and shocked. Once I was no longer in shock we would book her abortion.

If DS got a girl pregnant, we would talk to her about what she wants to do and encourage an abortion and if not, adoption. 

No reason that this one mistake has to ruin their lives.

ETA: No where in here did I say I would force my daughter to have an abortion against her will. The OP asked what my first thoughts would be, and I would want her to have an abortion. If she didn't want that then I would encourage adoption and if she wanted to keep the baby then I would help her raise the child so she could finish school, go to college and get a decent job to support her child. I am not heartless, just practical.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

shiningjoy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I would probably be using my one phone call looking for bail money for both me and DH.....then after our family decided to let us sit there for a few days and cool off, we would have a serious talk with DD and talk options.  

momma219
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM
11 moms liked this
I have a boy and a girl either way I'd be like F**K!!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM
17 moms liked this
Initially I'd be shocked, hurt, sad for them, and disappointed. But I'd gather myself and we would talk about what's going on and what their intentions are. I can't say I'd be thrilled but I'd be supportive, and make it known that they've made an adult decision so it's time to start acting and behaving more adult.

That's my vision of what would happen, what would really happen more likely is I would flip shit.
susannah2000
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM
32 moms liked this

"Teenage" covers alot of ground. Don't you think it makes a vast amount of difference if the girl is 13 or 19? All teens are not the same age!

greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Id kick their ass
stormy0142
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM
4 moms liked this
I would be beyond pissed and terribly diappointed in myself and my child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)