Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bio mom says no, respect her wishes or tell her to F off?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 258 Replies
3 moms liked this

Update:

Wow, I didn't expect such a response!

First I was irritated when I wrote the post, I'd never really tell the kids mother to F off. I may want to say it but I never would. I loved the idea of sending her a card but even though I'd love to do that it would be a bitch move and I wouldn't do that.

Taking the Christmas card pictures was my idea but my husband is just as excited to take them as I am. His children are pre-teens and they never did Christmas cards when he was married to their mother so he likes the idea of doing them now and of course including his children.

We have a blended family, we both came into the marriage with children and we are pregnant, due in February.

We have decided to take the picture as a complete family, everyone that will receive the card knows us so there wouldn't be any confusion as to who's children are who's.

We had planned to take pictures for our Christmas card and include my husbands two children, my step children. My husbands ex-wife got wind of it and has forbidden us from including them in the Christmas card. She says we can't include them because it would be implying they were mine and my husbands children, but everyone that would receive our card would be friends and family who know us and know they are my stepchildren.

This is the first year we were planning on sending out cards and now I'm contemplating just not even bothering because she's throwing a temper tantrum and threatening to take us to court if we do include them.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
15 moms liked this

Let her take you to court then.  What can they do? They're his kids too!

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Let her take you to court. They are his kids too. Such a silly thing to be so upset about. Good Lord.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Screw her. Unless it's in the custody agreement there's nothing she can really do about it, even then the judge is just going to laugh at her when she requests it. I hate that some moms and stepmoms can't get along. I get along great with my ex's girlfriend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this
She sounds insecure. ..and controlling
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

She can't forbid you to take pictures with the kids I don't believe.  But hey, people sue for the strangest things these days.

luckythreemom
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Do it. She is being a beast. That doesn't imply that they are your children, but it would imply that you are all a family. Fuck her
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Take the picture. Let the judge see what a petty childish bitch she's being.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chrissy_Lynn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Yea, I really doubt her crying over a christmas card is going to work well with a Judge, he will probably end up laughing at her or insulting her. . There his kids to and its a darn christmas card.
HippiPotPi419
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM
10 moms liked this

she sounds like a couple of women I know of on here....so stupid. Make sure you send that bitch an 8x10.

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Take your Christmas card with the kids and ignore her.

We have a family picture that had my mom,stepdad, myself, my dd, my full blood sisters, my step sister and OUR 1/2 BROTHER (the product of MY FATHER AND HIS SECOND WIFE) all together. Nothing like a mixed boy in a black family photo lol

Don't worry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN