Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're a parent and you smoke...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies
5 moms liked this

I think you are a shitty parent. Endangering your child or children's health and lives is no joke. It makes me so sad seeing people pushing strollers and smoking, or smoking while walking with their children. And don't say "you can't judge, it's hard to quit blah blah", I smoked in my younger years (young and impressionable) and quit long before I ever had a child.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Yeah, agreed.

Caera
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I agree. 

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:55 AM
11 moms liked this
Oh give me a break. The same could be said for gambling, drinking, playing games, working a high.stress.job that keeps you away from the home a lot..blah blah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I smoke. In my house, car, outside. soooo......
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:55 AM
4 moms liked this

How did you spell you're wrong and then spell it right all in the same sentence?

Quoting Anonymous: if your a parent and drink alcohol I think you're a shitty parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I think if you take tylenol your a shitty parent. Post something we haven't heard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I agree....and I use to smoke! I quit before I started trying to conceive our first. I wanted to be healthy and I didn't want my baby to grow up around a smoker. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:57 AM
4 moms liked this

No, it can't. Gambling, drinking, playing games (what?), or working are not direct health threats to your child. Your child is not going to develop emphysema or a slew of other illnesses from the things you have mentioned. The risks for children of smokers are incredibly high.

Quoting Angelicembrace: Oh give me a break. The same could be said for gambling, drinking, playing games, working a high.stress.job that keeps you away from the home a lot..blah blah.

PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:57 AM
10 moms liked this

get the fuck over yourself, lady.  not everyone has to make choices based on your preferences.

miisha
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Ehh what ever. Time for a smoke.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)