Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Formula feeding moms are lazy

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:39 AM
  • 73 Replies
3 moms liked this

I exclusively breastfeed and heard this from other bf moms. I don't believe it could be farther from the truth. I think I was kind of lazy because I co slept and just popped my boob out and fell back asleep. I can't see any downside to breastfeeding and I think formula feeding moms have to work too hard, lol.

can I hear some downsides of breast feeding?

also why you chose to formula feed?

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:40 AM
8 moms liked this
Bfing zealots make me want to formula feed just to have to not be associated with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparkle.ana
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:41 AM
I'm breastfeeding three kids, I've formula fed two. Formula was more time consuming to make and took more steps, but breastfeeding is more than just feeding, it's comfort as well, so it does take more time and work, or at least that is my experience. It's also harder to start breastfeeding than it is to formula feed. I didn't choose to formula feed, I didn't have any other choice. There aren't many downsides to breastfeeding. Instant food, perfect temp, best for baby, easy to get to, built in comfort tool.
zeenah
by Zarah on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:42 AM

I chose to breast feed because I was insanely sick for nearly 3 months after giving birth. I breast fed but I was getting worse and worse. I was puking and getting dizzy and a passed out in the doctors office. The day I dried up I cried and felt like I failure :-( 

"We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:42 AM
I ff because I failed at breastfeeding.

Downsides for me included severe hyperlactation, severe lack of sleep, thrush, lack of any kind of support whatsoever from anyone I know, and blood. Lots of blood.
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:42 AM
I couldn't breastfeed, so I don't know of down sides . I agree breast is best
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I chose to formula feed due to medical reasons, not like that's anyone's business. Washing bottles, boiling water, mixing it all up right while sleep-deprived and holding a newborn...not seeing the laziness here.
Jasminemomof3
by Mrs. Ali on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:44 AM
It may sound weird but none of my children wanted to latch on when they were born :(
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Only downsides for me were little ones were too small to latch at first and never got the hang of it so I was a slave to the pump for two years. That. Sucked.
reava
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:45 AM
With my oldest I bf for a while. I quit when I went back to work because I didn't have the support or knowledge to continue.(I also had a crappy pump)
With my youngest he would never latch properly and I exclusively pumped for quite sometime. Eventually my supply dropped and I switched to formula.
Honestly breastfeeding was the easiest. I worked much harder to ff than to bf.
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:47 AM
The downsides to breastfeeding for me were pain and lack of sleep. It was painful and she only slept for 30 minutes at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN