Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those opposed to a Minimum Wage Increase.

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM
  • 235 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've posted this in a reply but will post it here for people who incorrectly think it will start a large ripple effect, don't know how it works or just want the info. 

http://truth-out.org/news/item/14050

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:11 AM
10 moms liked this
Thank you
I'm sick of people saying it'll be doom and gloom to raise min wage. Prices may go up to balance it out, but for the most part, we won't see $15 cheeseburgers, $12 for a gallon of milk.

We need a min wage increase. 7.25 is ridiculously too low.

To add, $15 as a min wage is too high, but $10 an hour would be perfect.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Bump
tapies2324
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:17 AM
How much do they propose to bring it up to?
Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM

It just goes to show how a lack of information causes a ripple effect of ignorance. 

I personally don't think it should be $15 (my friends is a nursing assistant and makes 16.50) but it should be a least in the $10 range as that is what it would have been if they kept up the minimum wage with inflation increases. 

Quoting AVSpecWife4: Thank you
I'm sick of people saying it'll be doom and gloom to raise min wage. Prices may go up to balance it out, but for the most part, we won't see $15 cheeseburgers, $12 for a gallon of milk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Yawn. WTF everrrr.

Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:28 AM
6 moms liked this

Thanks for the bump

Quoting Anonymous:

Yawn. WTF everrrr.

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:30 AM
I'll check it out when I get a chance
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM
I'm right there with you. $15 is too much. I. Also a CNA and $15 is way too high. $10-$11 an hour would be nice.

Quoting Kazoo22:

It just goes to show how a lack of information causes a ripple effect of ignorance. 

I personally don't think it should be $15 (my friends is a nursing assistant and makes 16.50) but it should be a least in the $10 range as that is what it would have been if they kept up the minimum wage with inflation increases. 

Quoting AVSpecWife4: Thank you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM
9 moms liked this
If people want to earn more they can better themselves and work harder to achieve it. I don't think minimum wage should go up, people need to work harder.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:48 AM
13 moms liked this
Bullshit. Not everyone can be at the top jobs. There will always be a need for those to work the "crap jobs" and/or service jobs. Scrubbing toilets, serving food, fixing cars, etc. they are worth more than the crap they're paid. People not working hard enough isn't the issue. Do you know people would worker harder if they're paid more?

Eta for those who nit pick, for fucks sakes, I KNOW mechanics don't make min wage. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying there will always be a need for people in the service industry - regardless of wages.

Quoting Anonymous: If people want to earn more they can better themselves and work harder to achieve it. I don't think minimum wage should go up, people need to work harder.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN