Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those opposed to a Minimum Wage Increase.

Posted by   + Show Post

I've posted this in a reply but will post it here for people who incorrectly think it will start a large ripple effect, don't know how it works or just want the info. 

http://truth-out.org/news/item/14050

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM
3 moms liked this

I am good with$10 an hour.

Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:21 AM

If you think that then maybe the wage should be $20. Considering that's what it would be if based on increase in productivity keeping pace with wages. 

There's also the statistics of food service minimum wage earners being those who are both adults and have a varying mostly in the range of high school graduates and those with degrees. 

You should do more research before opening your mouth. . . if you want to appear intelligent that is. You are free to state your opinion, but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Quoting Anonymous: If people want to earn more they can better themselves and work harder to achieve it. I don't think minimum wage should go up, people need to work harder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
If they don't like those jobs plenty of opportunity is provided for those who want it. People are paying for bad life choices, that's not the governments fault.

Quoting AVSpecWife4: Bullshit. Not everyone can be at the top jobs. There will always be a need for those to work the crap jobs. Scrubbing toilets, serving food, fixing cars, etc. they are worth more than the crap they're paid. People not working hard enough isn't the issue. Do you know people would worker harder if they're paid more?

Quoting Anonymous: If people want to earn more they can better themselves and work harder to achieve it. I don't think minimum wage should go up, people need to work harder.
Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this

So the recession and people with education being forced into menial jobs is their fault? Yes many people do make bad life choices, but why try to punish people as a whole for a few who do? Shouldn't we be looking more at why inflation has increased but pay has remained stagnant? 

Are you aware that increasing minimum wage would also unburden the taxpayers a bit?

Quoting Anonymous: If they don't like those jobs plenty of opportunity is provided for those who want it. People are paying for bad life choices, that's not the governments fault.

Quoting AVSpecWife4: Bullshit. Not everyone can be at the top jobs. There will always be a need for those to work the crap jobs. Scrubbing toilets, serving food, fixing cars, etc. they are worth more than the crap they're paid. People not working hard enough isn't the issue. Do you know people would worker harder if they're paid more?

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Smh.

I can see you're beyond logic or reason. So, I'll simply say, you are obviously very ignorant on this subject.

Quoting Anonymous: If they don't like those jobs plenty of opportunity is provided for those who want it. People are paying for bad life choices, that's not the governments fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM
3 moms liked this
Only if other wages increase accordingly. A burger flipper or shelf stocker shouldn't make what a CNA makes, or almost half of what an RN makes.
Quoting AVSpecWife4: Thank you

I'm sick of people saying it'll be doom and gloom to raise min wage. Prices may go up to balance it out, but for the most part, we won't see $15 cheeseburgers, $12 for a gallon of milk.

We need a min wage increase. 7.25 is ridiculously too low.

To add, $15 as a min wage is too high, but $10 an hour would be perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Nobody is forced into menial jobs. Salaried jobs are open everywhere. It's never anyone's fault, nobody ever takes responsibility for their own actions.

Quoting Kazoo22:

So the recession and people with education being forced into menial jobs is their fault? Yes many people do make bad life choices, but why try to punish people as a whole for a few who do? Shouldn't we be looking more at why inflation has increased but pay has remained stagnant? 

Are you aware that increasing minimum wage would also unburden the taxpayers a bit?

MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I think 9-9.50 would be a nice compromise. 

Quoting AVSpecWife4: I'm right there with you. $15 is too much. I. Also a CNA and $15 is way too high. $10-$11 an hour would be nice.

Quoting Kazoo22:

It just goes to show how a lack of information causes a ripple effect of ignorance. 

I personally don't think it should be $15 (my friends is a nursing assistant and makes 16.50) but it should be a least in the $10 range as that is what it would have been if they kept up the minimum wage with inflation increases. 

Quoting AVSpecWife4: Thank you

I'm sick of people saying it'll be doom and gloom to raise min wage. Prices may go up to balance it out, but for the most part, we won't see $15 cheeseburgers, $12 for a gallon of milk.

We need a min wage increase. 7.25 is ridiculously too low.

Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

You cleary have no understanding of anything involved in this subject. 

Quoting Anonymous: Nobody is forced into menial jobs. Salaried jobs are open everywhere. It's never anyone's fault, nobody ever takes responsibility for their own actions.

Quoting Kazoo22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Except "average business" is skewed by large corporations and leaves out small business owners. If you crush the small business owner you eventually leave yourself at the mercy of big business. Ever hear the term "more with less"? Fastest way to save profit margins in industries where they try to beat each other by pennies on the dollar is cutting the workforce. The reality is can but won't. McDs/Walmart register workers can be replaced with self serve kiosks easily.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)