Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you ever just feel very different from everyone else?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM
  • 25 Replies
And most of the time I am 100% fine with it. There are others that I wonder if I am too different.
I don't care if my husband has female friends, he works in a female dominated field and you are usually friendly with your coworkers.
I don't snoop, he is allowed a private life as am I.
I don't care if I am pretty or not, it has nothing to do with who I am.
I never once contemplated being a sahm, I didn't really know anyone who did that (I do now, but few and far between) & I am glad I didn't. (Dh lost his good paying job and our roles were reversed after #2)

I didn't think his child support (he has 4older kids) should have been lowered because we had kids, I figured I could handle our kids on my salary. I never wanted my presence to change his kids lives, anymore than it had to.

I married a man who had 4 kids, with 3 women, when I had none & at the time had no plans for kids.

I could go on...
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenny3344
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:17 AM
What's so different? We all have our idiosincracities...(sp).
anchorgurl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM

As long as you are okay with things, it doesn't really matter.  People get judgmental just to make themselves feel better.

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I agree, but I guess there are times (not just on CM) that I wonder about always being labeled the weird one, on the hippie friend.
If I am missing (the best word for it I can think of) something.

Quoting jenny3344: What's so different? We all have our idiosincracities...(sp).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Blah blah blah. You're not special.
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:22 AM
True, but even close friends/family call me the weird one, or the hippie. I don't know, most of the time I am good. But there are times..

Quoting anchorgurl:

As long as you are okay with things, it doesn't really matter.  People get judgmental just to make themselves feel better.

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Well thanks. I don't think it matters if I am. I was just asking..

Quoting Anonymous: Blah blah blah. You're not special.
jenny3344
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Quoting Bubbie0809: I agree, but I guess there are times (not just on CM) that I wonder about always being labeled the weird one, on the hippie friend.

Quoting jenny3344: What's so different? We all have our idiosincracities...(sp).

How old are you? We all feel that way sometimes until we get older. Then we know were weird....lol.
suzanneyea
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

You are different from me!

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Yeah. But I am almost the opposite of you.
I agree about the child support only. Lol.
But I feel different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Oh I am old. Old enough to have embraced a lot of the weird. But it bothers me sometimes...

Quoting jenny3344:
Quoting Bubbie0809: I agree, but I guess there are times (not just on CM) that I wonder about always being labeled the weird one, on the hippie friend.

How old are you? We all feel that way sometimes until we get older. Then we know were weird....lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN