Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

need advice

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:03 AM
  • 2 Replies
hi, I have a problem I need advice on. I have been married for 18 years, my mom and brother and husband hate each other We have had problems since we have been married with my family. We made the move back to Michigan 2 yrs. ago because my mom said she was sorry and wanted to start over, ans guess what? More worse problems. My husband has written them off I don't know what to do I told her no presents for any of us not even the kids and she got some. I have not talked to her that much, trying to stay away from them as much as possible.. She is blaming us for her health problems and that situation is killing her,, Supposedly she has had Lukeimue for over 8 yrs. now.and other health problems that would kill someone in 1 or 2 years. She want to start over again. I don't want to go through this anymore. Any advice?
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
stepanieof4
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:38 PM
bump
SageAdvice
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

All I will say is one grows up and leaves their family and marries and should cleave unto her husband, who is now her family, her immediate family with children and therefore should come first in all things. I'm sorry but one is duty bound to support ones husband, first unless he's committed a horrific crime, before ones parents. He is your future, they are your past, at least when it comes to picking sides and important issues.

It appears your family is manipulative and doesn't care about your happiness or marriage. .  Sometimes it's best to cut ties with the past.

Good Luck.

Amazing how grimly we hold on to our misery, the energy we burn fueling our anger. Amazing how one moment, we can be snarling like a beast, then a few moments later, forgetting what or why. Not hours of this, or days, or months, or years of this... But decades. Lifetimes completely used up, given over to the pettiest rancor and hatred. Finally, there is nothing here for death to take away. (Henry Chinaski )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)