Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SS is the only one who does not do chores

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
DS (9) and (7) have chores, but not SS(13). He's expected to do normal things like not trash his room totally but other than that he does not do things at our house because we think since he does not get much time with us(2 days a week) he should not concern himself with chores.

Some examples of what his brothers do that he does not: dishes, take their laundry downstairs, put their laundry away, clean their bathrooms(7 year old gets help with this one), put dishes away, rake leaves.

So far no one has complained about the arrangement and all seem to understand why it makes sense. Im sure some will say he's not being made to feel fully like a part of the family but I don't agree. His brothers always look forward to our days with him and he's treated by them like a conquering hero who's been at war all week. He plays with them nonstop when he's here and i feel like thats whats important!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what we do with my SD but we only see her for a week every school holidays. I understand laundry, bathroom, etc - but we taught all our kids - SD included - that at any person's house you eat at, you always at least OFFER to clean up. If they say no, say thankyou and offer to do something else, but you must at least always offer.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Well if he is only there 2 days a week I can understandwhy .
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I think that's really crappy to do to the other children.

Think how they think Bout it from a child's pov
Grnyann65
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

So, you're okay with your step son not doing chores? I don't understand the reason for this post....I guess....I would at least expect him to clean up after himself for the 2 days a week he's there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Yes im ok with it. I dont mind cleaning up after him.

Quoting Grnyann65:

So, you're okay with your step son not doing chores? I don't understand the reason for this post....I guess....I would at least expect him to clean up after himself for the 2 days a week he's there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)