Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm joining the army

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 85 Replies
So I have one child who is 18 months and my husband can't join now because he has a couple of medical DQ. I DECIDED that due to all the changes that I'm going to join the army. Ive always wanted to be in the army since I was in the 7th grade. I was just too overweight and not in any kind of shape. So this past May I decided to kick it in high gear. I have gone from 246 pounds to 156 pounds and I can run like nobody's business. I am going to miss my son while I'm at basic and during AIT, and of course the possible deployments, but I've got a pretty decent mos. Scored super well on my asvab. This is super hard for me, but it's what's right for our family. His father works full time and makes good money, I work now and make ok money, but I just felt like I was always meant to do a little something more. My son will have a great life. His grandmother lives right across the street and will continue to help out with him when I'm away, so daddy doesn't get overwhelmed.

Anyways just thought I would share. I know I will hear lots of negative things. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Good luck! Not something I'd do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Might want to read up on PTSD

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM
What will hubby do when ur stationed elsewhere?
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Good luck mama.
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I understand this, but not everyone gets ptsd.

Quoting suzanneyea:

mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Since I'm already in the medical field, I'm very aware of post traumatic stress and the military Is not the only cause of that, in fact it's not even the main reason for it. Everyone is effected differently by specific events. Someone could develop PTSD from being raped, while another person just gets some therapy and is fine. PTSD Doesn't apply to all soldiers. Don't be closed minded, be appreciative that someone is fighting for the country so you don't have to. Don't look at the military as a negative thing.

Quoting suzanneyea:

mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
My husband and our son will move where ever we go. He has no problem getting a job anywhere we go, unless animals don't exist where we move. Lol

Quoting Anonymous: What will hubby do when ur stationed elsewhere?
blessedtohave7
by Bahama Mama on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Good luck...I couldn't leave my family. You are one brave mama.
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Right on.
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM
What's your MOS?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured