Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bash away! I don't know if this is greedy, selfish or whatever....

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this

My son needs special diapers/pull ups.. he isn't potty trained yet. Autism sucks sometimes. 

I ordered him some from a medical supply store. Found out that his insurance will cover this, and have researched to find the best that I could. I didn't worry about the cost (though the ones I found are on sale right now). 

Is it greedy to be okay with them costing more for the insurance than I would pay myself? Though no matter the cost I would pay for it out of pocket if needed (meaning the insurance won't cover it or whatever) I would just need to cut back even more because they cost more than anything you can buy at a store, not to mention that I haven't been able to find any at a store that would fit him properly. They are all a little small and make him uncomfortable.

Oh, also the ones that I am going to be having the insurance pay for has designs on them. They are adorable. They look a lot more like little kid underwear than the ones that I ordered and paid for. (which is a good thing) I don't want him getting teased at school for it

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Basherte
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM

BUMP!

Basherte
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this

your insurance is there for a purpose...use it

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I personally would be more concerned about the fit/comfort/ and effectiveness. Price means nothing if they suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Exactly

Quoting Anonymous:

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM
3 moms liked this
The price you see is not the price the insurance pays. Insurance companies have a contract with facilities that allow them to pay at their contracted rate which is typically way lower than the original price you see. If your son needs them and your insurance covers it, let them. It's not like you are purchasing them only to turn around and sell them or anything crazy like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to be all like "wow, I can get the most expensive thing on earth because I don't have to pay for it." ya know? 

I just want the best for my son. He deserves the best of everything with as hard as he works on a daily.. sometimes minute to minute basis. 

He works so hard to do the same things that a lot of NT (neurologically typical) children take for granted. 

Thank you.

His insurance is through the state along with his disability.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM
As long as they're good quality, for well & don't leak. Sure I'd order them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM

hell, i get the most expensive thing if the ins will pay for it--why not? my kid deserves the best, and so do i...

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to be all like "wow, I can get the most expensive thing on earth because I don't have to pay for it." ya know? 

I just want the best for my son. He deserves the best of everything with as hard as he works on a daily.. sometimes minute to minute basis. 

He works so hard to do the same things that a lot of NT (neurologically typical) children take for granted. 

Thank you.

His insurance is through the state along with his disability.

Basherte
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Quoting crwspringer: I personally would be more concerned about the fit/comfort/ and effectiveness. Price means nothing if they suck.

Thank you. 

He is by no means fat. He weighs about 60 pounds and is 3'7" tall. He's a solid little boy. 

I feel bad when something is too small for him. I don't want him to think he's fat, because he isn't. He's healthy little boy. 

The ones I ordered and paid for are a little big for him so I think that they are a little uncomfortable for him because of that, but a lot more comfortable than the ones he did have. Huggies pull ups are a little too small, and pampers always runs a little smaller than huggies.

The good nites at the store cost like 14 dollars for 19 diapers/pull ups. That's more than I can afford, and they are on the small side as well. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN