Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got fired today :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies

I manage a picture people studio and a complete nightmare walked through my door today. We were on a 30 minute wait today like most portrait studios during the holidays. This woman walked in with her two daughters. She kinda resembled Megan Fox. When she checked in I told her that we were on about a 30 minute wait and we were working fast to get caught up but we would be right with her. She then looked at me and said "this is bullshit why even make an appointment?" I replied that I was very sorry for her inconvenience and we would try to get her in as fast as we could. She then flipped her hair at me and said "my moms gonna be pissed but whatever I will just call corporate". 

I understand it is frustrating when you can't get in on the time you scheduled but you really get more bees with honey you know what I'm saying...

so I helped with her photo shoot...made her kids smile "right" . I even had one of my best associates on her shoot. She kept asking for different poses which we accommodated even though she was putting us back on a wait again...then at the end when I walked by I overheard her being completely nasty with my sales associate. I told my associate that she was needed to take another photo shoot and that I would finish up the woman's Christmas cards and get her checked out. When I went over the receipt (which included a 10% discount and free Christmas cards for her wait) her total came to $170.39. She looked at her husband wnd said "omg I don't want to spend $200 on pictures! We need to take some of this off"  I then said "actually it's not $200 it's only $170..." And that's when she said "I know how much it is you fat bitch" so I said "ok well if you don't want them..." And closed out the program. She then got really pissed and started shouting at me in front of everyone. 

I don't understand why I was wrong for kicking her out. She was being disrespectful to other families and their children with her bad mouth. Is there anything I can do about getting fired over this??

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM

BUMP!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM

What did your boss say when you were fired?

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM
15 moms liked this
Honestly, I'd file for unemployment and consult an attorney about wrongful termination.

I consider that grounds to ask her to leave without service, as that's a hostile work environment.
keisha613
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

What exactly were you fired for?  Telling an unruly customer to leave?  That sucks.  What do your employers expect you to do in situations like that?

'

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Talk to corporate. Follow chain until someone listens
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM

He said that  I am suppose to call him before I attempt to kick out a customer

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

What did your boss say when you were fired?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Oh trust me I will

Quoting thefiregoddess: Honestly, I'd file for unemployment and consult an attorney about wrongful termination.

I consider that grounds to ask her to leave without service, as that's a hostile work environment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM
:( wow I am so sorry
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM
8 moms liked this

Please correct us if I'm wrong, but the customer wanted to take SOME of the photos off of the bill, but insulted you and so you deleted the entire session, correct?  That's how corporate would see it, which is why you got fired.

I'm sorry hun, hopefully you'll get unemployment.  Some people suck, and those are usually the entitled ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)