Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this rude of me?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:39 AM
  • 466 Replies
8 moms liked this

To tell everyone, if they're not getting one kid to not get any of them for Christmas?

My 2 kids have different fathers, and I feel like telling both families.. if you can't get for the other, then just don't bring any gifts. I don;t think it's right. The gift doesnt have to be equal, but it's not right to have one open while the other is watching..  

Last year, my youngests grandparents came with presents for him, myself and the father, but NONE for my oldest. I went into the bedroom, got a blank card, put 50 in it, and gave it to him telling him since the mother doesn't speak english, she told me to give this to him. But I was fuming and found it rude..  My oldests grandmother sent 250$ in a check.. 200 fr my sons 3ds and 50 for the baby.

This year Im telling everyone if you come with gifts for one, bring for the other. 

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Eek. :/
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:42 AM
5 moms liked this
Or tell them to bring a gift they can share like a game system.
AngylJen
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:44 AM
10 moms liked this

My oldest is 10, and youngest is 22 months.. they cant share that. My kids don't need gifts from anyone, if they wanna come enjoy the holidays with us, that would be fine! But I cant have one watching while the other gets gifts..its not right.

Quoting Toonkasmommy: Or tell them to bring a gift they can share like a game system.

cwahtomy
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel that is fair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:45 AM
9 moms liked this
It's weird that they do that but it's still rude to request they buy another gift.
AngylJen
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Me too. I even tell people they don't have to bring.. just come and spend time with us..  gifts from other dont matter. They get plenty from me.

Quoting cwahtomy: I feel that is fair.

AngylJen
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats why I tell them they don't have to bring anything at all

Quoting Anonymous: It's weird that they do that but it's still rude to request they buy another gift.

Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:46 AM
63 moms liked this
I wouldn't obligate non family members to buy for a kid not biologically connected to them, no
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:48 AM
18 moms liked this

It's not their responsibility to buy presents for a child they aren't related to.  Now whatever other drama is going on is a different story, but the gift thing? No.

If they don't want to include the other child in their "family unit" that's their short sighted ignorance,  but you can't MAKE them accept the other child.

AngylJen
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this

They bring my oldest things when they come over.. they ask how he is, they just forgot him last Christmas when they came to bring presents. I was never "left out" but a 10 year old, watching everyone open gifts except him, must be very embarrassing and sad to him. 

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder:

It's not their responsibility to buy presents for a child they aren't related to.  Now whatever other drama is going on is a different story, but the gift thing? No.

If they don't want to include the other child in their "family unit" that's their short sighted ignorance,  but you can't MAKE them accept the other child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN