Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teachers, what are the gifts you really hate to get?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 659 Replies
9 moms liked this

Yeah, we know, it's the thought that counts, and every gift is appreciated, but be honest: What gifts make you roll your eyes inwardly a little? Yet another mug? Scented candles? Hand lotion? Homemade cookies from a kitchen of dubious cleanliness?

Bonus points: Tell us the gifts you've LOVED.

gift

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olivejuice2
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I'm not a teacher but my best friend is. She loves gift cards and usually gets a lot of Starbucks gift cards. She hasn't complained about gifts from students, but stuffed animals don't usually sick around long.
poietes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM
43 moms liked this
My mom would always get tea...she doesn't drink tea, so me and my brother would drink it. She always liked the popcorn tins.

Eta. For the last 3 years my mil has made a quilt for my oldest's teacher. The first two years we had all of the kids do handprints on their own choice of fabric wither their names under it. This year they picked out their favorite animal and she's going to put on it, "it's a zoo in here" she actually makes them into quillows so it can be a pillow or blanket. They are always a hit and the teachers have always teared up over them. My son also loves working on this project with grandma.
abecee
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM
9 moms liked this

Great post...I'll be checking in throughout the day to see responses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM
17 moms liked this
I'm not a teacher but I'm watching this,post for ideas :)
abecee
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM

BUMP!

Alliemad_003
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM
4 moms liked this
This year we're making coasters and homemade peppermint body scrub for all the teachers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Following
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
6 moms liked this
My husband is a teacher. He likes the gift cards. He doesn't eat home made food and doesn't drink coffee. He doesn't need anything with apples on it or yet another ornament for the tree. I absolutely loved the See's candy bars and ghiradelli chocolate bars he got one year. He also got a tin with different popcorns too. That was good too.
Babujai
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM

BUMP!

susannah2000
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Alliemad_003: This year we're making coasters and homemade peppermint body scrub for all the teachers.

That's a good idea but also, people can be very sensitive to ingredients in body stuff. Either a body reaction or sensitive to scents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)