Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are elder people surprised when

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
Someone from my generation offers a hand to them? It's sad, really.

Today, I was doing some grocery shopping, and when I got done, it was raining. I was walking my cart back to the return and noticed that There was an older lady at her car that had just finished loading her groceries in her car. I walked over to her, and offered to take her cart back for her, as I was taking mine. She acted so surprised, that I would offer, and thanked me profusely.

If everyone would just take an extra second out of your time to help someone else, maybe we could turn this crappy world that we live in around. Reach out to one another.

I didn't do much, but it made her day. I challenge you to do the same.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Because this generation are a bunch of pricks.

I am disabled and park in handicapp and still offer to help my elders. Only it usually ends up them helping me, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Honestly, I'm always (pleasantly) surprised when someone does something nice for me.

I hugely appreciate it, but I never expect it.

I turned 46 yesterday, do I count as "elder? "
twade26
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Because people are ass holes these days and wouldn't offer a hand if you were dying in the street

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

trust me, Im always the first to offer the elders help, stop so they can cross, or help them get up or down, or hold the door open.... 

codfish
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I live in the south and honestly it is second nature to offer small gestures

Of course we have our share of jerks who would watch you die in the street also.
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM
My in laws didn't realize they were old until people started doing things like that for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Neko_Nightstar
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Once, when I was taking the train to school, an eldery woman got on using a walker. There were no seats so I stood up and offered her my seat. She was so surprised that it was sad and she thanked me profusely. I was 19 at the time. There were a ton of high school boys hogging the seats, themselves in one, all their stuff in another, their parents sitting right there, not saying a word.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN