Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Signing rights over vs abortion...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 260 Replies
16 moms liked this
I know ill be bashed, but that's okay :) this is a bit of a spin off. I read a post a moment ago about men being able to sign over their rights instead of paying support. The responses were a bit biased, IMO. Alot of you were saying that any man who didn't want to have a baby should have worn a condom, shouldn't have had sex, ect ect. Ok.. But men can't choose an abortion. So why is it okay for women to not DEMAND a condom, or to go ahead and have sex when not on birth control, but then choose to abort the baby. Why should it only be a woman's choice as to if two people become parents?? Everyone preaches "her body, her choice" well.. What about his choice? I've read over and over "he shouldn't have had sex!" Neither should women who don't want babies.. But noone hollers that about her - they just excuse the abortion. There was a comment that said men give up their choice the moment they have sex... Really? And why is that not the case for women. Didn't she give up her choice too? Nope - because SHE chooses whether or not there will be a baby who is born or aborted if pregnancy does occur. This is ludicrous! A man should be allowed the same choices a woman has. No - he CAN'T force an abortion, but he should be able to give up parental rights with the same support a woman gets when she gives up hers through abortion.

Edit!!! Please don't confuse what I'm saying here... I'm not saying that women should give up their rights.. Nor am I saying that men should have a say in women's rights. What I'm saying is that EACH party should have equal rights not effected by the other.
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMarieT88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Big fat YUP!
UpsideDown
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. 

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Glad someone agrees lol

Quoting HeatherMarieT88: Big fat YUP!
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Two responses that are way nicer than I expected haha

Quoting UpsideDown:

I agree. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

He gets no choice. His choice ends when the woman becomes pregnant. Then it is all her choice.

Quoting TexasGirl90: I know ill be bashed, but that's okay :) this is a bit of a spin off. I read a post a moment ago about men being able to sign over their rights instead of paying support. The responses were a bit biased, IMO. Alot of you were saying that any man who didn't want to have a baby should have worn a condom, shouldn't have had sex, ect ect. Ok.. But men can't choose an abortion. So why is it okay for women to not DEMAND a condom, or to go ahead and have sex when not on birth control, but then choose to abort the baby. Why should it only be a woman's choice as to if two people become parents?? Everyone preaches "her body, her choice" well.. What about his choice? I've read over and over "he shouldn't have had sex!" Neither should women who don't want babies.. But noone hollers that about her - they just excuse the abortion. There was a comment that said men give up their choice the moment they have sex... Really? And why is that not the case for women. Didn't she give up her choice too? Nope - because SHE chooses whether or not there will be a baby who is born or aborted if pregnancy does occur. This is ludicrous! A man should be allowed the same choices a woman has. No - he CAN'T force an abortion, but he should be able to give up parental rights with the same support a woman gets when she gives up hers through abortion.

GwenW
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM
And how is that fair to the child?
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree completely.
ashleynm85
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
That's just insane! So his choice started when the pants came off, and ended when they were put back on... But her choice started when the pants came off, and ends when she reaches the abortion cut off date? How? Why? Why is it okay for women to abort - therefore deciding to NOT to be a mom... But not okay for a man to sign over his rights - therefore making the choice not to be a dad?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

He gets no choice. His choice ends when the woman becomes pregnant. Then it is all her choice.

Quoting TexasGirl90: I know ill be bashed, but that's okay :) this is a bit of a spin off. I read a post a moment ago about men being able to sign over their rights instead of paying support. The responses were a bit biased, IMO. Alot of you were saying that any man who didn't want to have a baby should have worn a condom, shouldn't have had sex, ect ect. Ok.. But men can't choose an abortion. So why is it okay for women to not DEMAND a condom, or to go ahead and have sex when not on birth control, but then choose to abort the baby. Why should it only be a woman's choice as to if two people become parents?? Everyone preaches "her body, her choice" well.. What about his choice? I've read over and over "he shouldn't have had sex!" Neither should women who don't want babies.. But noone hollers that about her - they just excuse the abortion. There was a comment that said men give up their choice the moment they have sex... Really? And why is that not the case for women. Didn't she give up her choice too? Nope - because SHE chooses whether or not there will be a baby who is born or aborted if pregnancy does occur. This is ludicrous! A man should be allowed the same choices a woman has. No - he CAN'T force an abortion, but he should be able to give up parental rights with the same support a woman gets when she gives up hers through abortion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)