Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ha! I got the LAST ONE! I know because I've called EVERY STORE!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

As pretty much everyone knows by now, from the other post, I've been on bed rest. So I have had to improvise with my Christmas shopping this year. Mostly from home on the computer. SOME things, you can't get online through the local retailers, unless you're willing to pay double or more. I.E.: Disney Planes Die Cast Plane Characters.

So I've been finding these things, and sending my hubby to get them. lol. Poor guy, he said he now has a new found appreciation for all that I do when I'm not on bed rest. (He's had to really start picking up the slack on things, since I'm down and we have two active little boys at home.)

Well, Ishani from Planes has been an INCREDIBLY hard find! For the last several days I have called every Toys R Us/Babies R Us, Walmart, Kmart, Sears, Kohls, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Disney Store, etc between my house (we live in a rural city outside of the main city) and about 50 (or more) miles into town. NO ONE has had Ishani the die cast plane in stock! NO ONE, and you can't order it online unless you go through ebay/Amazon, which when I looked was charging something like $22 JUST FOR THE ONE plane, when they are $3 bucks in store right now.

It has gotten to where I have written notes in my notebook about the stores, when they get their shipments in, when to call them back, etc. So FINALLY Target's store availability button was working again this morning. So I checked it again for the plane. Of course, no Ishani, HOWEVER, they did have a four pack of the planes characters, that DID have Ishani in it! The Target was 35 miles away from my house, and across town! SO I asked them if they could PRETTY please hold it at Customer service for me, since it was the LAST one.

I called my hubby, and he came home for his lunch hour, and drove me to the store for it. YEAH! We exchanged the two individually wrapped ones for the set of four, and WALLAH! He now has his Planes Characters! =)

We were leaving and found an awesome open/damaged box find of a tool bench, that is normally $125 for $20. Hubby said why not, it was the last one, and we can always put it together when we got home to make sure all of the pieces were there. So while the kids were napping, we put it together, and counted all of the pieces and it was undamaged, and everything accounted for! =)

What sort of crazy are you doing for your kids? What's the "hot items" for your kids there year?

Dusty, Ishani, Bulldog, El Chubacabra (sp) and Ripslinger. =) He's going to be SO happy on Christmas morning.

my $125 dollar toy I got for $20 because it was an open/damaged box. Nothing wrong with it, and all of the pieces were there. =)

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2monstersmommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

:)

AZHOTMOM
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Awesome!! I used to manage a toy store, so I feel your pain.

I have teenagers, as long as their iphone is under the tree they are happy.

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Thank you! Yeah it was VERY frustrating because every store said the same thing. That items like these, all have the SAME number, that they all come in a box of all assortments, and even though they know they are getting more in, they never know how many of what characters they are getting in. They even said they couldn't specifically order one character, not end up with another. =/ I was wondering if they were right, so when I got home, and looked at the numbers of all of them together, sure enough. They all have the same product/upc number. =/ Big fat Disney fail if you ask me! I couldn't believe that even the DISNEY Stores all across AZ were all out! =/ I was starting to think it was a lost cause. I was determined and on a mission to find them though! lol. I just don't understand why each character doesn't have their own special number. I don't remember going through this with the Cars Characters.... but we just found Sally for McQueen and Holley for Mater. THOSE two were nearly impossible to find as well.
AZHOTMOM
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:
Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Thank you! Yeah it was VERY frustrating because every store said the same thing. That items like these, all have the SAME number, that they all come in a box of all assortments, and even though they know they are getting more in, they never know how many of what characters they are getting in. They even said they couldn't specifically order one character, not end up with another. =/ I was wondering if they were right, so when I got home, and looked at the numbers of all of them together, sure enough. They all have the same product/upc number. =/ Big fat Disney fail if you ask me! I couldn't believe that even the DISNEY Stores all across AZ were all out! =/ I was starting to think it was a lost cause. I was determined and on a mission to find them though! lol. I just don't understand why each character doesn't have their own special number. I don't remember going through this with the Cars Characters.... but we just found Sally for McQueen and Holley for Mater. THOSE two were nearly impossible to find as well.

Oh goodness, I managed the toy store during the Cars era. Everyone was crazy for them. I had one dad offer me $200 to give him first dibs on the shipments. However the one upc number is very frustrating, since it was a smaller toy store I ran, I always assigned my own number so I knew exactly what came in the shipment. But you need a huge HIGH FIVE, cause it is beyond frustrating to try to track them down.

Janaz5
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM

That"s awesome you found them. We just watched that movie for the first time on Thanksgiving, my kids love it!!!

What part of AZ are you in?

poshkat
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Awesome!!! Dh did that with a the cars from cars. My god, he went EVERYWHERE. Then only one we can't find is lizzy, she's almost $200 online only.
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Way to go momma!!
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:
Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Oh goodness, I managed the toy store during the Cars era. Everyone was crazy for them. I had one dad offer me $200 to give him first dibs on the shipments. However the one upc number is very frustrating, since it was a smaller toy store I ran, I always assigned my own number so I knew exactly what came in the shipment. But you need a huge HIGH FIVE, cause it is beyond frustrating to try to track them down.

I think we got Lucky during the Cars Era, because we did do our Christmas shopping earlier, like in August that year, or something crazy like that. (Maybe it was after one had already came out and 2 just came out.... I forget what years they have come out. fail =/ ) Anyways, we had no issues with Cars 1 or 2 the last two years. I didn't think we would have an issue with Planes. BIG FAT fail on my end. I nearly drove myself to tears. All of the Disney stores (my last resort because I absolutely LOATHE the malls, especially this time of the year, and I don't want to pay double the price at the Disney store when Walmart/Target etc it's less than a 1/4 of the price on sale! lol.) told me to call back tonight after 6 when they unpack their shipments. I feared that 1) I was not in any shape to even attempt the mall, 2) I hate the mall and 3) I chose to keep looking so I could avoid the mall and the Disney Store at all costs! lol. I'm SO thankful I did! Some of the retailers were a lot nicer than others. The Target I finally found it at, was SO awesome! The guy was pleasant, he was patient, he MADE SURE it was truly Ishani before I drove down there! I was very happy when he said Merry Christmas and that he'd have it waiting for us when we got there! It went so smooth! Unlike Kmart and Walmart that had me on hold for over 20 mins, and said that they didn't even have time to go look to make sure. =/ Plus for Target! =) Thank you! I'll take a high five! I totally do deserve it! I just can't wait to see his face light up like the fourth of July on Christmas morning! I'm so stinking excited and I can't hardly contain myself. I'm having a real hard time keeping myself from giving them to him now! lol. I can do this! I can wait! Whose more excited? The kid or the mom? Lol. I'm just thankful I didn't have to drive to Flagstaff or down to Tucson to get it. They both had two in stock! lol. Now I'm done, and I can rest, and I can be merry and finish wrapping tonight (well at least start to finish wrapping.) What a friggen season though! By Far my worst holiday season as of yet! I'm never starting this late again! I'm going back to Christmas Shopping starts in July! lol. So much easier and less stressful! What store did you work at? I miss KB stores, they always had what I wanted in stock, and if not they got it with in 48 hours. They were almost always cheaper too! They went out of business I think last year? Or at least that's when the last KB store shut down. Basically we have only Toys R Us, Walmart, Kmart, and whatever the department stores carry during the holidays now. =/
AZHOTMOM
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:
Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:
Quoting AZHOTMOM:

I think we got Lucky during the Cars Era, because we did do our Christmas shopping earlier, like in August that year, or something crazy like that. (Maybe it was after one had already came out and 2 just came out.... I forget what years they have come out. fail =/ ) Anyways, we had no issues with Cars 1 or 2 the last two years. I didn't think we would have an issue with Planes. BIG FAT fail on my end. I nearly drove myself to tears. All of the Disney stores (my last resort because I absolutely LOATHE the malls, especially this time of the year, and I don't want to pay double the price at the Disney store when Walmart/Target etc it's less than a 1/4 of the price on sale! lol.) told me to call back tonight after 6 when they unpack their shipments. I feared that 1) I was not in any shape to even attempt the mall, 2) I hate the mall and 3) I chose to keep looking so I could avoid the mall and the Disney Store at all costs! lol. I'm SO thankful I did! Some of the retailers were a lot nicer than others. The Target I finally found it at, was SO awesome! The guy was pleasant, he was patient, he MADE SURE it was truly Ishani before I drove down there! I was very happy when he said Merry Christmas and that he'd have it waiting for us when we got there! It went so smooth! Unlike Kmart and Walmart that had me on hold for over 20 mins, and said that they didn't even have time to go look to make sure. =/ Plus for Target! =) Thank you! I'll take a high five! I totally do deserve it! I just can't wait to see his face light up like the fourth of July on Christmas morning! I'm so stinking excited and I can't hardly contain myself. I'm having a real hard time keeping myself from giving them to him now! lol. I can do this! I can wait! Whose more excited? The kid or the mom? Lol. I'm just thankful I didn't have to drive to Flagstaff or down to Tucson to get it. They both had two in stock! lol. Now I'm done, and I can rest, and I can be merry and finish wrapping tonight (well at least start to finish wrapping.) What a friggen season though! By Far my worst holiday season as of yet! I'm never starting this late again! I'm going back to Christmas Shopping starts in July! lol. So much easier and less stressful! What store did you work at? I miss KB stores, they always had what I wanted in stock, and if not they got it with in 48 hours. They were almost always cheaper too! They went out of business I think last year? Or at least that's when the last KB store shut down. Basically we have only Toys R Us, Walmart, Kmart, and whatever the department stores carry during the holidays now. =/

I liked KB too! I use to manage two Learning Express toys.

Where in AZ do you live? I live in the west valley of phoenix.

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Quoting Janaz5:

That"s awesome you found them. We just watched that movie for the first time on Thanksgiving, my kids love it!!!

What part of AZ are you in?

We took our 3 year old as a birthday gift to the theater to see it! HE LOVED it so much that he has NOT stopped talking about it since then! lol. He even did the count down to when the DVD came out. I told him to make sure to ask Santa for it, for Christmas. The Santa we went and say, looked at me, and I gave him the thumbs up that we already had it. So he told my son that Santa would for sure be bringing it to him, as long as he stayed on the nice list! =) That's all he's talking about, is how he's getting the Planes DVD for Christmas! lol. We live in North West Surprise, almost Wadell, by Prasada. Wadell is the street behind us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured