Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a medical marijuana card, or know someone who does GET IN HERE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

First let me start by saying - I'm not making this post to bash those who do. 

My reason for this post has 2 questions. 

Let me begin by stating the my husband has smoked weed since he was 12 year old. He is now 34. He was raised in a home with parents that used various drugs, and sold them. That's how he got started on weed.

I don't use drugs. I don't even drink alcohol. I've never really had too much of an issue with my husband smoking weed, besides from him getting kicked out of the military from using it & the fact that he smokes so often - that he never wants to do anything other then sitting in front of the tv, watching movies & shows he has watched many many times.

So anyways, he recentally went and filed for a medical marijuana card, and to my great suprise - he was given one. Now, he claims he has medical issues. I say 'claims' because his medical issues - as he says are that his knees and shoulders have constant pain - military related. Which he does get a monthly VA disability check for this. 

However, the VA doctors have given him a cane and other pain meds ( not the strong ones) he has never used the cane nor the pain meds. With the pain meds are naproxyn. Now the issue I have with his 'constant pain' in his knees and shoulders is this, while he claims to have this constant pain, he's perfectly able to lift weights and run every day. He is very fit, and muscular. I would assume that if your knees and shoulders hurt that bad to get VA disability payment each month, and require medical weed use, then WHY???? can you lift weights and run EVERYDAY!

I feel as though these medical cards are given without any real research or back ground check being done on the 'paitient'....

My next issue is this, while he now has a medical card for it, and can't get legally in trouble in the state he lives in and the card was issued. What ( if any) legal issues are there with him having a child?

We live together and split the day with our son, due to work schedule. I've always told him that he CAN NOT smoke weed or be high while left alone in the care of our child. And in the past, I've threatend and meant it, by telling him that if I find out he gets high while alone with our child, I will call the cops and press charges as far as I could for him doing that while being alone with our child. 

I've searched all over the internet and I can't find any real info on this. So if you have a card or know of someone who does and you can fill in the blanks for me, or point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I don't truly believe he needs medical marijuana. He has smoked since he was 12 years old. He has a pretty long police record with being caught with weed his entire life, I don't believe he has any real medical issue that warrants him using it at all.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I have one in the state of .az I have back pain u do need a legit reason but my$275 and u basically got one .
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Oh and if he has a card cops won't do anything
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I have my MMJ card for orthopedic issues, and I think mostly anyone on this site can attest on my behalf that I'm a generally well-spoken, intelligent, warm individual and that my marijuana use has little to no bearing on who I am nor does it define my character.

It's just what I do...I should also mention my MMJ has a higher CBD* percentage and lower THC percentage which is the psychoactive element of marijuana...It's not like the street stuff at all.

AVE SATANAS!
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

ok slow your roll.... what state was the card issued in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM

New Mexico

Quoting the_dude:

ok slow your roll.... what state was the card issued in?

ripemango
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM

sssphh, *I've* never heard you speak...

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I have my MMJ card for orthopedic issues, and I think mostly anyone on this site can attest on my behalf that I'm a generally well-spoken, intelligent, warm individual and that my marijuana use has little to no bearing on who I am nor does it define my character.

It's just what I do...I should also mention my MMJ has a higher CBC percentage and lower THC percentage which is the psychoactive element of marijuana...It's not like the street stuff at all.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

xoxowifey
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM
My friend just got his certificate & will have a card soon. He was on probation & now he can smoke all he wants lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM

did you mean higher CBD content?  if not, what are CBC's?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

It's just what I do...I should also mention my MMJ has a higher CBC percentage and lower THC percentage which is the psychoactive element of marijuana...It's not like the street stuff at all.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM

OOPS, thanks for the catch!

Quoting Anonymous:

did you mean higher CBD content?  if not, what are CBC's?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

AVE SATANAS!
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Unfortunately, the only spoken language I know is Klingon.

:C

Quoting ripemango:

sssphh, *I've* never heard you speak...

AVE SATANAS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured