Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

push presents *edit #2*

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 136 Replies
1 mom liked this
Has S/O ever gotten you a push present?
If so, what was/is it??
I'm currently 22 weeks & would like to hint DH to get me a good push present ;) especially since this will be our third child & the first time I'm requesting a push present. :D
Thank you ladies!

*edit*
I don't understand why so many are being so rude. I've heard of worse things than a "push present", especially on MC.
& I'm not asking for diamonds or a car (but if you got the $$ for it, then more power to ya!)
I would be perfectly content with flowers bc I've never got any presents after birth, not even a snack. I don't find anything wrong with asking for a present, especially after giving birth to our child. We get/give gifts for holidays & to me, giving birth should be celebrated too. But that's just my opinion.
For those that don't know what a push present is: it's a gift S/O gets you after pushing your miracle into this world. :)

*edit #2*
Ugh. Some are making me out to be some sort of bitch for asking my DH for gift or saying it's tactful.
First off, you don't know me & if you did, you would know that this is my first time even requesting a gift from DH. is this wrong? I don't think so. Everyone askes for gifts for wedding/baby showers, yet I'm wrong to ask for something after giving birth (we aren't having a baby shower with this baby).
& maybe it's the term "push present" that is rubbing everyone the wrong way, but I mean for any kind gift your S/O has gotten you after the birth of a child. People are saying they didn't get a push present, but got flowers. I consider that a gift/push present. :)
& bashing my DH for not getting me anything previously (like not even a snack) isn't gonna flow with me. You don't know what our financial situation was then. So in other words, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. If you have no [nice] advice, please trail on to another post. :)
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
No idea what a push present is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HumanBeing
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
2 moms liked this
My dh got me flowers and a sweet card when I gave birth to our kids.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is so caring and accommodating when I am sick or when I give birth, a present would seem useless......he does always bring me a dozen red roses after our children are born though.

Muffins89
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

never heard of a push present. 

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't ever received a "push present".  I did get flowers with both of my kids but I don't think that counts especially because I didn't push lol.

MomTo2Boys12
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
9 moms liked this
Mine was my baby. I don't need gifts to have babies.
adrianaevanmom
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
No. And I think it's kinda stupid.

When I had my kids, husbands brought lunch in and flowers. Lol
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Lol. No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Lmao. Push prsents are the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard of, especially if you have to tell your dh to buy you one... You are having a baby, that should be enough of a gift
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Fifty for giving birth. Aka pushing your baby out.

Quoting sadeyez11: No idea what a push present is
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN