Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is my mom selfish?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

She just got $70 K in inheritance from her mother passing (There are 6 kids and each got the same). She knows we are very tight on money but hasn't mentioned giving me or my 2 sisters a cent. Her brother, however is giving $30 K to his daughter to buy a house...Any extra $$ would help right now. I'm very close to my mom, btw.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM
3 moms liked this
You want her to fork over money she got from losing her mother, but you think SHE'S the selfish one?
She probably wonders where she went wrong in raising her daughter. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
No. She's not. Your being greedy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM
3 moms liked this

why would you consider your mom being selfish??  The money is hers. She can do with it as she pleases.  It actually sounds a bit selfish that you expect her to give you money because you need it. You are an adult, figure out and handle your own finances.

prdmama1154
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM
She doesn't have to give you a penny. You're being very self centered.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM

My mom got about 70K when her Dad died.  Her brother spent almost half of his to help his DD file for divorce(attorney fees and what not) she turned around and told the court she changed her mind(they get none of that money back). My mom hasn't bought any of us anything. Its her money.  She plans on using it for emergencies.

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope. It's her money. If anything, you're being an entitled brat.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM

My mom leaves everything to my sister in her will, such is life. Her life, her choice.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM
No but you're greedy for expecting her to give you money.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM

No, you are greedy.  She doesn't OWE you anything.  If she decides to share with you, then great.  Maybe she has decided instead not to be a burden on you in her old age by ensuring she has enough money to live on, also a worthy use.

This is an entitlement problem.

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM

No, just wait for her to die and pass you something. *sarcasm*  You could just ask, if you need it that bad.  No one is going to just offer you money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)