Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why Lie About Christmas And Santa?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I'm not knocking anyone here, if people want to get their kids into believing Santa is real, that's their business. But I would still like to know why lie about Santa when you're kids are going to find out when they are older? Here are a few reasons I don't believe in tricking your kids.

1- You're lying to your kids when you're teaching them not to lie. That makes zero sense.

2- It confuses them. Why can kids see Santa at the mall but not in their own house? Eventually they will catch on.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:50 PM

eye rolling

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Personally I loved believing in Santa. I wasn't mad when my mom told me he wasn't real at all. I want my son to feel the same magic as I did. I obviously loved believing in him enough to continue the own tradition with my own kids, I had no issue with the lie.
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM

1. Its not teaching them to lie! I believed in Santa growing up and I am fine, as well as my brothers! We all belived and when we found out the truth, werent scared for life. We all ended up normal hard working adults!

2. Santa comes when your asleep and only when your asleep and the Santas in the mall and stores are his helpers, not him, they let Santa know what you want for Christmas!

3. Not only does my kid believe in Santa, he believes his Grampa is Santa! My dad has a suit and everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I wasn't confused when I was little, and I don't even remember how I felt or acted when i was told santa wasn't real. I've thought about not doing it, but I do remeber the magic and joy I felt as a kid to believe in him, and I want my dd to experience that. If that makes me a bad mom then I guess I'm a bad mom.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

1- it's fun

2-I like seeing the magic of my kids believing Christmas morning when they see their gifts.

3-I don't teach my kids it's never ok to lie. Sometimes it is necessary.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I agree with you.  I am a very justice-oriented type.  I was furious when I found out my parents were big fat liars.  I caught them red-handed removing gifts from a closet.  It's been decades and I still remember how that made me feel.  It took awhile to regain my trust. 

For every kid that thinks it is no big deal, there's one like me.  Do you feel lucky?  Are you 100% positive you can identify your kind of kid and his reaction to your lie?

You can have the fun of Santa and stories - just like you can read them fairy tales - without telling your kids a lie.  

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Ffs, it's fun. Just let people have their fun playing a pretend game with their kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I thought it was fun as a child then I found out, not a big deal, I was catching on and getting older. It didn't cause any trust issues with my parents or any of the crap people want to believe, it was something that was supposed to be fun and was. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I believe still. ain't that what this time of year is all about?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN