Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thanks for being a douche canoe

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
The 3 of us went to a seat-yourself restaurant for dinner. I am kind of huge at 38 weeks pregnant and we have a 6 year old. This is a place with 4 person seating, tables and booths, and then 2 person booths and tables. All that was left was 2 person booths, and this bothered me because I spotted two booths and one table occupied by ONE person at each one. One in particular had a woman, her laptop, a cup of coffee, a bunch of books, and nothing else. The entire time we were there no one sat down at the booths with them, so it's not like these people were waiting for someone. Me, DH, and our 6 year old had to cram into a tiny 2 person booth, and it was not fun. We tried to pull up a chair for the end and within 5 minutes were told by an employee it was a fire code violation.

I hate people sometimes.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catmommy22759
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I would have asked to be reseated and if they refused I would have left.  

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Why didn't you just go somewhere else?
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I wonder why the wait staff didn't offer to help you with that? They could have asked someone to swap with you. I know I would feel like a giant ass if I realized too late someone needed my table.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
It was a place you seat yourself and get your food then bring it to the table.

Quoting seemommyrun:

I wonder why the wait staff didn't offer to help you with that? They could have asked someone to swap with you. I know I would feel like a giant ass if I realized too late someone needed my table.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
A few reasons...I had a huge craving for this place all week, and DH drove out of our way to take me there. There were no other non fast food places within a reasonable drive so I elected to stay because I thought we could just pull up a chair.

Quoting Mackenzie40: Why didn't you just go somewhere else?
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Entitled much?  Most of those places are first-come, first-served.  Sorry, but they were there before you and were not required to move just so you could have the larger table. 

strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM
It's first come first serve. People aren't douches for being sat at a larger table than necessary. A lot of people go to restaurants to do homework our whatnot.
AnnaBright
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Sucks you guys had a tight fit but really it's self seating. It's not like they knew you would be coming in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM

You aren't going to like this, but what makes you so special?  If there wasn't a place to sit where you felt comfortable, since it was a seat yourself place, why didn't y'all just leave?

When I was preggers I was a whale and never expected shit from people I didn't know. 

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Oh, gotcha. I'm hoping then that no one noticed your family was squeezing 3 1/2 people into a 2 person  poke.

Quoting Anonymous: It was a place you seat yourself and get your food then bring it to the table.

Quoting seemommyrun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN