Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms who dont have a degree

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
What do you do for a living? How much do you make? Is it enough to support yourself?

I work at a restaurant as a host/kitchen hand and am currently in college. My availability is 8am-5pm M-F. I get paid $10 an hour. They are currently only scheduling me 20 hours a week and my co-workers are already giving me shit about it.
There is another host who is going around telling everyone that she can't care for her children all because of the managers giving me her hours. They are always gossiping about me. My managers love me, but the other girls there are horrid. On top of that I am not making a fraction of what I need to survive.
I lost my car and everything else is about to go next week. I just want to see what careers you have so I have an idea of what will get me back on my feet.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I have a few diplomas and certificates, no degree.

I am a bridal florist. Should anything happen to my husband I would certainly be able to support myself.

adulation
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I have no degree, I'm in retail management so I work a lot of weekends but I make $15.50/hr and work full time with health, dental, vision for me and my daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I dont have a degree in anything. I had motivation. I make over 80,000 a year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I work as a cake decorator. I make $13 an hour and I work 40-50 hours a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I have a diplomas & certification. Also in school for Nursing right now. I work full-time as Accountable Receivable and its decent money but can make more.
wantthatbaby46
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I have a degree and I make jack for money.  If you can handle it, I'd go try to be a nurse.  They are always in demand and get paid enough for you to support yourself and a kid if you don't have much, or any, help.  

AmazingAmanda
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
No degree. I work in an office for $13 an hour. I couldn't support the lifestyle I have now alone, but I could support myself and the kids with some lifestyle changes. I could probably make more working for a different company, but the perks to my job are pretty much priceless.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous: I dont have a degree in anything. I had motivation. I make over 80,000 a year.

what do you do

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Crashly
by Ashley on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I'm in my final year of college. I currently make around 40-50k a year as a part time bartender/server.
Sadly, I make more now than I will when I graduate but oh well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I worked for a health insurance company.  I topped out at $45,000 a year plus bonuses.  Yes it was enough to support my family and I left in 2005 to stay home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN