Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you stay..???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
my sons dad and me are just not where we used to be and i'm ready to give up. All we do is argue and barely ever communicate. He is a good guy but we clash all the time.. we just arent a good team. I don't think we can work it out and idk if i want too! I know i don't want to! He is immature and everytime i bring this up he pouts (literally) and says "we are fine! I love you" i know he doesnt really mean it. He is so selfish! He barely plays or interacts with lo. I'm young and i don't want to miss out on life waiting for him to grow up
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't give up unless you've tried counseling, at least.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
5 moms liked this

For those reasons yes I would stay.  If there is no abuse of any kind to include drugs/alcohol and there is no cheating I would stay.  Take a look at yourself too, you cannot blame a bad marriage on just one person.  Your child deserves to have both parents if at all possible.

mtdew
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I would suggest counseling first.

imyourPuppy
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Did you talk to him? Sounds like both of you have to change.
SageAdvice
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Do what's best for your child first, then what's best for you second. . 

I found that I can live with myself better, if I follow that rule, most Mothers can. :o)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Uhh this is what really sucks. I want to try counseling but we dont have the money too. I don't want to split the family up of course but i just want to be loved again! We dont even dtd. Its not fair that I am in a relationship not being treated like I deserve. But i see
yalls point.

Eta-sorry about typos and what not. Cracked screen
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I know i have a lot to work on with myself thats part of the reason i want to be by myself. All we do is agrue it's not fair to the baby and i don't want to set a bad example. I try to talk to him and he blows me off. I feel trapped

Quoting imyourPuppy: Did you talk to him? Sounds like both of you have to change.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried a different approach.  What i mean is this people today give up to easly on marriage. Yes i know how it is i have been married for almost 19 years  and it has not always been a bed of roses. Have you tried the old trick of doing nice things for him even when you dont fell like it? Love him even when the going is rough.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
We are not married btw. Almost 2 years of dating and we have a 4 month old.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I married a few days after turning 18, so trust me when I say I understand what you are saying.

You are the only one that can truly say what is best for your relationship, child and self but I think honoring your commitment will bring far more blessing than not.

Many times we had to think, what would divorce solve? We had communication issues as well and at the end of the day having kids means you will still have to communicate. You will have new spouses, pick up drop off, who does what, how to parent basically every issue you currently have plus the extra stuff that comes with divorce.

For some people that really is the better option but even in the many years of immaturity we had, it was never a solution. We have lots of love, fun and connection. Sometimes the love and respect was a choice but we always reconnected when honoring our marriage. I am sure we will have ups and downs again but that is life.

Best of luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)