Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should wedding venue owners be forced............

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies
to serve people whom they don't agree with are getting married? Like lets say a baker is asked to make a cake for a friend's wedding? But she finds out her friend is engaged toa convicted child molester and has been abusive to her. So she refuses to make the cake b/c she doesn't want her friend to marry him. Should she be forced to make the cake? Lets say a baker gets asked to make a wedding cake for an 18 year old bride and a 61 year old man....... who w as her high school teacher. And he doesn't agree that they should be getting married so he says no to making the cake? Should that be legal. Or lets say a baker doesnt' agree with a gay marriage. Apparantely, some wedding venue owners are FORCED to serve GAY couples as ORDERED BY A JUDGE: Read this article: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/12/06/judge-orders-colorado-cake-maker-to-serve-gay-couples/
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
16 moms liked this
Discrimination is discrimination. You cant discriminate against a protected class. Last i checked, child molesters werent protected, but gay people certainly are
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: Discrimination is discrimination. You cant discriminate against a protected class. Last i checked, child molesters werent protected, but gay people certainly are

So forcing a minister to marry gay couples isn't discriminating against his beliefs?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Its discrimination only for them its better because they can force their beliefs on the religeous and even make them go to jail for not bowing down to them.  Who would pass that up? 

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
4 moms liked this

This is all very weird. I think it's enough to say all groups of people have lost their marbles. Others have taken the marbles, and are now using them to poke others in the eye. Now a lot of people, can finally, literally, turn a blind eye.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
7 moms liked this
Nope. Religious beliefs dont trump discrimination. I dont know any gay person that would want a preacher who was against them, to marry them though

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: Discrimination is discrimination. You cant discriminate against a protected class. Last i checked, child molesters werent protected, but gay people certainly are

So forcing a minister to marry gay couples isn't discriminating against his beliefs?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
No they shouldn't be forced!
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
In my opinion, no they shouldn't be forced. It's supposed to be a free country. But if I were that couple, I wouldn't want to force anyone to make my cake or marry us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Should i be forced to serve black people? Or what about the handicapped, what if i dont want retards (excuse my language) in my place of business.. is that ok

Quoting Anonymous: No they shouldn't be forced!
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
4 moms liked this
They run a business that accomodates the public.
Therefore, to refuse service based on sexual orientation is discrimination.

Their religious beliefs do not trump the law.

Would you feel the same if it were an interracial couple?

Quoting Anonymous: No they shouldn't be forced!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)